Renan Barao: a cautionary tale

Annnnddd on that long win streak Barao had never fought anybody like Dillashaw not even close to his style, and tonight showed it. That is why people saying Dillashaw had no chance and the title fight was a joke was so ridiculous.

The fuck are you talking about? TJ is a straight up wrestle-boxer a telegraphed left head kick. Barao has fought dozens of those.

He cuts an excessive amount of weight to fight in a weak division because his teammate is the champ in his natural weight class.

Calling it weak is a bit of a stretch, don't you think?

Why is it as soon as a great fighter loses everyone pretends like they aren't any good?

Ehm I bet Tillashaw is a much more marketable champ after this performance than Barao. Dana was smiling and laughing and stuff in the cage up until the announcement, stop trying to see things silly shertards.

I do feel like there was a bit of bandwagoning going on(personally I always thought it ridiculous to rank him ahead of Aldo), but there's no reason to doubt his legitimacy. He may very well come back and win the belt.

The fuck are you talking about? TJ is a straight up wrestle-boxer a telegraphed left head kick. Barao has fought dozens of those.

No, he most certainly isn't. Well, he is, but not like anyone we've seen yet. He might be the first one that actually understands angles, and does some of the best level switching and feinting in mma.

Your ignorance is showing. Jorgenson, and Faber fight nothing like TJ and lol "telegraphed" Barao got hit with a "telegraphed" high kick a ton.

Dillashaw's speed, variety in combos, and his use of angles is unlike anything Barao has experienced in the UFC.

Why is it as soon as a great fighter loses everyone pretends like they aren't any good?

I don't think anyone here said Barao wasn't any good. My point is simply for the nuthuggers on this forum who do the opposite, who, everytime a good fighter wins, go on to proclaim him as the #1 P4P GOAT of ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Both sides of that coin just suck, thus why I proclaimed this to be a cautionary tale. Of course it will go unheeded.

P.S. Anyone else think Dana looked epically butthurt putting the belt around Dillashaw?

The fuck are you talking about? Dana was giving him a freaking congratulations speech telling him it was his night with a big ass grin.

No, Barao nuthuggers believed Barao was better than Aldo. :icon_chee:icon_chee:icon_chee

Aldo's the P4P numero uno and the best pure striker of all MMA times so that's just ridic.

Just shows: if you can go defending the UFC belt 7, 8 or 10 times, you're a special f**king fighter and deserve tons of respect.

Dillashaw was the better fighter for sure tonight. But I've always liked Barao and was really wanting him to win tonight. :/

How was it blindly? He was dominating top fighters and hadn't lost in like 40 fights.

Well to be honest he only fought Faber and MacDonald who are probably the only top fighters he's fought. His first 25-30 fights were all nobodies.

I fucking hate Sherdog sometimes.

You retards will discredit anybody. Even someone riding a 32 fight win streak with a ridiculous list of names on it.

Back