Renan Barao: a cautionary tale

Starman

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
To all the bandwagon fans out there, this is why you can't just blindly start putting guys on pedestals. Even the so-called P4P best fighters in the world can be knocked off on any given night.

P.S. Anyone else think Dana looked epically butthurt putting the belt around Dillashaw?

Aahahahahaha, the feeling all those Barao nuthuggers are feeling. Aldo>Barao

How was it blindly? He was dominating top fighters and hadn't lost in like 40 fights.

I don't think Dana cares. Barao has never had a large fan base in America.

Aahahahahaha, the feeling all those Barao nuthuggers are feeling. Aldo>Barao

You would think Barao huggers are Aldo huggers. They train together, best friends etc etc. Not sure why someone would like one & dislike the other.

You would think Barao huggers are Aldo huggers. They train together, best friends etc etc. Not sure why someone would like one & dislike the other.

No, Barao nuthuggers believed Barao was better than Aldo. :icon_chee:icon_chee:icon_chee

Fist don't lie. Two early stoppages will get ya.

How was it blindly? He was dominating top fighters and hadn't lost in like 40 fights.

Annnnddd on that long win streak Barao had never fought anybody like Dillashaw not even close to his style, and tonight showed it. That is why people saying Dillashaw had no chance and the title fight was a joke was so ridiculous.

I think calling him p4p #1 was a bit of a stretch, but he was easily top 5 and possibly #3 or #4 depending on who you asked. That sort of streak capped off with a couple title defenses warrants such a rank.

I'm more amused that "the most skilled fighter in MMA's" go to defensive move was sticking his hand out to keep distance like Jon Jones likes to do.

Any comment from the people who've been talking up Barao and his "unmatched skillset' to bag on Jones for the past nine months?

He cuts an excessive amount of weight to fight in a weak division because his teammate is the champ in his natural weight class.

Annnnddd on that long win streak Barao had never fought anybody like Dillashaw not even close to his style, and tonight showed it. That is why people saying Dillashaw had no chance and the title fight was a joke was so ridiculous.
and what style is that?

Listening to Barao talk before the fight it was clear he was believing the bravado. That surprised me but I never really listened to him much before could be normal for him.

Dana's actually probably pretty happy about it. As long as someone is getting their ass beat, Dana is making money.

Back