"Renan Barao 34-1-1"

Desensitized

White Belt
Reaction score
He is 32-1-1, why does Dana and the UFC website keep saying he is undefeated in 35 fights? Is there some exhibition fights I dunno about or are they stupid?

no decision/contest = not a loss.
buttttttt yeah, UFC tends to pad the records even more ;)

They do that a lot when trying to hype fighters. I've seen plenty of fabricated wins added onto fighters records that the UFC took the liberty of doing. It's nothing new.

They do that a lot when trying to hype fighters. I've seen plenty of fabricated wins added onto fighters records that the UFC took the liberty of doing. It's nothing new.

Mind giving some sources for that statement? I'm rather interested.

sherdog isn't always right.

they had Anderson vs Azeredo as Anderson debut fight.

and Cyborg don't have just 19 wins.

Why is Rashad Evans 24 - 3 - 1?

Why is Matt Brown 21 - 11?

Why does Pat Healy have one less loss on his UFC record?

Marketing, man...

Dillashaw was introduced as 10-2 during the weigh ins. FightFinder says 9-2.

The same reason every UFC fighter is listed as a good 2 or 3 inches taller than they actually are.

Undefeated fighters can be hyped easily.

1 loss makes the fighter defeated. UFC wants to make money. It's easy to close your eyes for one loss which was in an unknown promotion when you're doing business.

Whether he beat 26 cans no ones ever heard of or 28 before entering the UFC, does it really matter?

What happen did he lose to Shaw if so we will call him Undertaker. :icon_lol: j/k

Yo UFC if you're reading this hit me up via PM. I'll let you add my name to Barao's list twice in exchange for 1 year of free PPV. I'm probably more accomplished than most of Barao's pre UFC wins. I got 3 stripes on my white belt.

Because Barao fought a lot in northern Brazil where they don't exactly report the results of fights. Guys like him and Jussier Formiga have unrecorded fights.

Plenty of fight results don't make it to the internet and/or aren't commissioned or recognized as legitimate fights.

I wonder if they're counting amateur fights or unsanctioned fights or something, or just lying through their teeth.

Back