Reminds of the first GSP vs BJ Penn fight

Very true.

Jones looked like he was just in a war.

Gus looked like he just had an exhausting workout.

Except in the GSP-Penn fight the right guy got the decision.

That is what matters the most.

can-of-worms.jpg

I was gona make the same exact fucking thread and BJ's quote in it. Fuckin' Dubs man!

they both went to the hospital according to dana

Not before he gave an interview with FOX and what not. He probably went because the doctors told him to and he definitely didn't leave on a stretcher like Jones.

Yet Jones still won the last two rounds, just like GSP.

Cecil Peoples is the sole judge scoring for Penn. That should tell you who won. GSP dominated the last 2 rounds, and scored 4 of 5 takedowns in the fight.

Gus won 2 rounds, likely 3, and arguably 4 rounds. I think Gus won, but that fight could have gone either way. Here is to hoping the rematch does not follow GSP Penn.

Also some fighters show damage much more than others. The same blow does not affect everyone the same.

Motivation.jpg

some people were judging these two fights based on visible damage. jones face after gus fight is as lousy argument as this photo

penn controlled the stand up and gsp had to take bj down in second and third, those were boring rounds, gsp was a blanket

Well atleast the rematch proved who the superior fight is.

Give us gus/jones 2 Dana!!

penn controlled the stand up and gsp had to take bj down in second and third, those were boring rounds, gsp was a blanket

Luckily BJ avenged all that in the rematch and has looked unstoppable lately !

Cecil Peoples is the sole judge scoring for Penn. That should tell you who won. GSP dominated the last 2 rounds, and scored 4 of 5 takedowns in the fight.

Gus won 2 rounds, likely 3, and arguably 4 rounds. I think Gus won, but that fight could have gone either way. Here is to hoping the rematch does not follow GSP Penn.

Also some fighters show damage much more than others. The same blow does not affect everyone the same.

"Dominated" wouldn't exactly be my word choice...let's say he "controlled" the last 2 rounds.

It's amazing the effect an eyepoke can have on a fight.

Back