Reminder that Floyd said 145 Manny Paq hits harder than Conor...

It was either miss hard, with the Floyd fight, or through laughably light arm punches. So, look foolish whiffing, or look stupid throwing pitter-patter shots that any schoolgirl would laugh at.

But, hey, that's the poison you pick making your boxing debut against one of the greatest ever. Luckily, he has $100M or so to make him feel better about it.

True!! Conor does best with all of his skillsets. Boxing is a very technical sport that takes years of solid devotion to excel in even at a regional or national level let alone to be world class. When you measure the experience level of two top boxers fighting for a title if you actually take the time to view their resumes you're looking at multiple time regional champs, national champs, world champs, Olympic level, multi weight division professional champs. I think people see the act of punching, and it gets devalued.

I offer anyone to go into a reputable boxing gym, and spar with a competitive boxer then they'll understand. I've personally competed in exhibitions (smokers), been a gym regular and I've been a sparring partner for many of my gym's competitive (USA Boxing registered) boxers. Even at my level I've toyed with guys coming in who wanted to go some rounds. Many of these guys weighing well over 200plus (I'm 175lbs). Many of these guys with backgrounds in other striking arts.

Conor didn't even have a boxing coach in his corner for that fight!!
However, Conor did make something like $100m lol.

1) Floyd didn't eat a full power punch from either of them
2) Different gloves
3) Different sport
4) Manny probably hits as hard or harder than anyone in the UFC

That is interesting... Do you never watched a Floyd bout or you just say that to keep the Conor hands are garbage narrative going...
First of All Cotto and De la Hoya, two of the hardest Floyd fights... Only could land Jabs on Him, nothing else but jabs... That was how hard hitting Floyd face is... Mosley couldn't touch him after the second round of their bout... Canelo looked like a kid fighting his dad, Marquez never managed to hit Floyd hard despite Floyd coming back of retirement...
Only Pacquiao and Maidana managed to actually hit Mayweather with something good with consistency and Maidana is unorthodox as hell and Pacquiao is a all time great with fast hands and movement. None of those were actually sucesfully in countering Mayweather counters, not even Marquez a máster counter.
Mosley said Pacquiao was the guy who hit him the hardest, so what is your point here... Because Mosley fought the cream of the cream.
Conor didn't hit him hard enought that's for sure, but he was way out of his depth in this fight and still hit him good and surprised Floyd... If you think that is easy, just give up on discussing boxing dude.

None of Floyd's opponents at WW and above hit Floyd great besides Mosley and Maidana. But they still landed harder punches then anything Conor landed. Conor fans are bringing up one uppercut that has nothing on it.

As for the gloves, there is actually a lot less padding on the knuckle area of an 8oz boxing glove than there is on 4oz MMA gloves. So it's not about the gloves, or the ring, or the stance, or any of that why Conor, despite being a dangerous puncher in MMA, looked like he couldn't crack an egg against Mayweather. It's because of levels. Boxing is still light years ahead of MMA in this department.

I wouldn't be surprised if Manny hits harder than Conor. But Conor wasn't throwing anything behind his punches in his fight with Floyd. He was throwing what are called arm punches, meaning he wasn't throwing the punches with all his body, just his arms. In his MMA fights he throws power punches which are way more powerful than what he threw in that boxing match.

Why in the world would he choose to punch with less power in a boxing match?? Boxers just hit much harder...When he had Mayweather hurt in the corner after that body shot (or low blow) he was throwing as hard as he could.

The truth is Conor’s power is probably below average by boxing standards. Even is MMA his power is massively overrated. Don’t get me wrong he has plenty of power, but it’s his timing and accuracy that kills people, especially with 4oz gloves.

MMA boxing is just different. You have to worry about kicks and takedowns you can’t throw the same way as you can in a pure boxing match. It’s mechanics of the body. Boxers sit down on their punches more and put more of their body into it, and spend all their time working on their hands. Honestly, someone like Mayweather who is often called pillow fisted in the boxing world, would be an be a deadly knockout artist in MMA. The gap is that big.

What a dumb thread. What's the big deal if that statement was true? An alltime great boxer hits harder than a guy that fought in one pro boxing fight - who would've thought? Conor has weight on Manny but Manny has a lifetime of boxing ahead of him and proper technique goes a long way.

Besides why does it even matter? Conor has proven that he has stopping power where it matters - in the octagon with small gloves.

Really getting tired of these countless Conor threads - regardless of whether it's pro or contra Conor, it's almost always some retarded and super biased shit to rile people up. Guess mission accomplished.

Conor has knocked out almost everyone in the UFC he fought. Including top current contenders and former champs..
Big difference between a knock out and a TKO.

Except for Aldo he had never properly knocked anyone out in UFC. He is more about precision and speed.

People go on as if he has Rumble knock out power.

Manny is a natural 145er or below, and Floyd said Conor's power was nothing special.

Let's remember this before we overhype his boxing.

Meanwhile, Daniel Cormier, an Olympian will back Khabib's grappling skills as will many top level grapplers.

Manny should hit harder - he is a professional boxer.

Conor hits very hard for an MMA fighter. But more importantly, he is precise.

The difference is in the gloves - those mma gloves amplify everyone's power.

Back