Reminder that Floyd said 145 Manny Paq hits harder than Conor...

Oh man I gotta hear this story.
He deleted the OP, but he basically said a guy at the bar called him a manlet then he got that guys girlfriends number. Then he posted some stock model photo off of Google images as the girl lol. The thread is still up in the OT as
I demand the mods remove this thread immediately

no he wasn't. he was throwing arm punches. rewatch it. In MMA he throws power punches he pushes off from his feet and turns his hips into them.
In mma his go to is his straight left but he was forced to throw more against Floyd and his other punches aren't as powerful, especially his hooks in short range are weak. Even in mma you can see he's not that powerful of a puncher it's his accuracy that puts people out. Eddie Alvarez said gaethje hit him harder than anyone else. Max and Chad both said Aldo hit the hardest too.

Manny is a natural 145er or below, and Floyd said Conor's power was nothing special.

Let's remember this before we overhype his boxing.

Meanwhile, Daniel Cormier, an Olympian will back Khabib's grappling skills as will many top level grapplers.
just because conor striking didn't translate very well to boxing and it was his 1st match, means nothing for MMA

Future Hall of Fame boxer and renowned KO artist punches harder than non-boxer in a boxing ring?! Huge if true!

Khabib doesn’t want to get hit flush by either Conor or Manny.

Because power is all that matters in striking. I'm rooting for Khabib, but Conor hasn't had any issues knocking out anyone not named Nate Diaz. If you really want to break this fight down, don't be so broad.

What positions can Conor negate that Khabib won't be ale to take advantage of? What will Khabib expose in said positions. What ranges does Khabib feel safe in when he shouldn't? Should Conor end up on his back will he try to hold on and survive, have offense, or try to get to his feet? How good is Khabib on auto pilot mode after being tagged? Does he do the right things to survive, or will Conor hurt him and snipe him?

In mma his go to is his straight left but he was forced to throw more against Floyd and his other punches aren't as powerful, especially his hooks in short range are weak. Even in mma you can see he's not that powerful of a puncher it's his accuracy that puts people out. Eddie Alvarez said gaethje hit him harder than anyone else. Max and Chad both said Aldo hit the hardest too.
he threw his left hand with nothing behind it in the Floyd fight as well.

I'm sure aldo's knee was way more powerful than anything Conor hit Chad with.

I'm not saying he's the biggest puncher of all time, and I said I wouldn't be surprised if Manny hits harder (even though he is not by any means a big puncher at 147 let alone 154). And I agree Manny would destroy him in boxing; it would be shocking if Conor got out of the first round if they fought in boxing.

But Conor was clearly throwing nothing but arm punches in the match with Floyd. Probably because he realized Floyd would make him miss and counter if threw full power punches.

No shit sherlock.

Conor McGregor can't punch a hole in a wet paper bag whereas Manny Pacquaio hits like a fucking truck.

tell that to every fighter conor has ko'd stiff...tell that to aldo, pourier, mendes, eddie and countless others he can't hit hard.

Yeah but trying to convince his clueless fanbase that it was all hyperbole made up by the ufc and joe rogan.

Floyd has been in with Shane, Oscar, Judah, Manny, Corrales, Maidana, Canelo - just to name a few.

I remember threads and comments all over social media about how floyd had never felt power like conor's --- yeah floyd ate that left hand like a burger he was eating earlier the week of the fight.

Because power is all that matters in striking. I'm rooting for Khabib, but Conor hasn't had any issues knocking out anyone not named Nate Diaz. If you really want to break this fight down, don't be so broad.

What positions can Conor negate that Khabib won't be ale to take advantage of? What will Khabib expose in said positions. What ranges does Khabib feel safe in when he shouldn't? Should Conor end up on his back will he try to hold on and survive, have offense, or try to get to his feet? How good is Khabib on auto pilot mode after being tagged? Does he do the right things to survive, or will Conor hurt him and snipe him?

I don't see him just laying there..I see him working to get up...with mendes, it was different..conor landed more elbows off his back than mendes landed.

Literally almost every one Floyd boxed hit him cleaner then Conor did.
That is interesting... Do you never watched a Floyd bout or you just say that to keep the Conor hands are garbage narrative going...
First of All Cotto and De la Hoya, two of the hardest Floyd fights... Only could land Jabs on Him, nothing else but jabs... That was how hard hitting Floyd face is... Mosley couldn't touch him after the second round of their bout... Canelo looked like a kid fighting his dad, Marquez never managed to hit Floyd hard despite Floyd coming back of retirement...
Only Pacquiao and Maidana managed to actually hit Mayweather with something good with consistency and Maidana is unorthodox as hell and Pacquiao is a all time great with fast hands and movement. None of those were actually sucesfully in countering Mayweather counters, not even Marquez a máster counter.
Mosley said Pacquiao was the guy who hit him the hardest, so what is your point here... Because Mosley fought the cream of the cream.
Conor didn't hit him hard enought that's for sure, but he was way out of his depth in this fight and still hit him good and surprised Floyd... If you think that is easy, just give up on discussing boxing dude.

Last edited:
Wow, a boxer, who only punches, and who is known as one of the greatest ever, is said to punch harder than an MMA guy who weighs a couple pounds more than him.

Better cash in and claim the book rights to that story, before someone else does.

Citing the Floyd "fight" in any kind of analysis of an mma fight is retarded.

How bout watchin the fights where Conor cimpletely tooled world-class mma fighters basically with just boxing?

tell that to every fighter conor has ko'd stiff...tell that to aldo, pourier, mendes, eddie and countless others he can't hit hard.

Conor definitely hits hard!! He just doesn't punch on the level of an elite boxer. Conor sparred Van Heerden. Van Heerden released the footage, and this is what he had to say:

“When people ask me why I’ve released this footage now, it’s because it hurts me that there are guys like myself who have been devoted to this sport, risking our lives,” he said. “And to see McGregor, who has zero knowledge of professional boxing, make it out like he could just get out of an octagon, step in the ring and beat up the best pound-for-pound fighter out there....."
(https://mmajunkie.com/2017/06/boxer...or-mcgregor-sparring-footage-floyd-Mayweather)

Van Heerden from what I saw toyed with Conor. The same Van Heerden got stopped by a hard hitting Errol Spence Jr (IBF WW Champ).

Conor has a solid left!! I like Conor, but I also am not delusional. His punching power is not world class from a boxing standpoint. Put Conor in there with Canelo or one of the Charlo brothers or Errol Spence.....someone who will try to hurt him, and we'll see how little his left hand means at that level.

Of course he does he's a pro boxer with 39 KOs

You'd have to be delusional to think otherwise. Look at what he did to Ricky Hatton lol those

Conor has power but his KO's aren't overwhelming Rumble style bombs his KOs are from accuracy

Conor definitely hits hard!! He just doesn't punch on the level of an elite boxer. Conor sparred Van Heerden. Van Heerden released the footage, and this is what he had to say:

“When people ask me why I’ve released this footage now, it’s because it hurts me that there are guys like myself who have been devoted to this sport, risking our lives,” he said. “And to see McGregor, who has zero knowledge of professional boxing, make it out like he could just get out of an octagon, step in the ring and beat up the best pound-for-pound fighter out there....."
(https://mmajunkie.com/2017/06/boxer...or-mcgregor-sparring-footage-floyd-Mayweather)

Van Heerden from what I saw toyed with Conor. The same Van Heerden got stopped by a hard hitting Errol Spence Jr (IBF WW Champ).

Conor has a solid left!! I like Conor, but I also am not delusional. His punching power is not world class from a boxing standpoint. Put Conor in there with Canelo or one of the Charlo brothers or Errol Spence.....someone who will try to hurt him, and we'll see how little his left hand means at that level.

It was either miss hard, with the Floyd fight, or throw laughably light arm punches. So, look foolish whiffing, or look stupid throwing pitter-patter shots that any schoolgirl would laugh at.

But, hey, that's the poison you pick making your boxing debut against one of the greatest ever. Luckily, he has $100M or so to make him feel better about it.

Last edited:

As I have said many many times, power in mma is very different than power in boxing...in mma, your stance is much different...you hold your hands different..the gloves are double the size in boxing..I think the boxing training will help conor's boxing for mma, but you can't really compare them...I guarantee you, if you put errol spence in an mma fight, his boxing might look awkward or not quite as powerful as he was in boxing...cause it's different with little gloves...and different stance, etc...

Back