Reminder: Silva was willing to fight GSP at a catchweight

He said that and would go back on it over and over and over again.

They also fail to mention that Silva made his largest call out against GSP in late 2012. Which was the last year he'd see a win in the UFC outside of "beating" brunson.
This was also a period of time where an absurd amount of Middleweight contenders would be joining the UFC and working towards a title shot. jacare, Brunson, Rockhold, Kennedy, Gegard and so on.
So why the fuck is he calling out a welterweight who STILL CLEARLY HAD CONTENDERS OF HIS OWN TO FIGHT???
Its rational for GSP not to take this fight. He already has a ton of his plate. So did Silva but I guess he didn't care enough considering he got his life sparked out by Weidman the next fight.

Exactly. Silva wanted no part of the MW division the minute it finally got stacked. He pulled so many shenanigans to avoid Weidman. Silva is the biggest coward in mma. Who the hell calls out fighters not only 1, nor 2 but 3 weight classes lower? AS does.

Silva would have been depleted at 178. GSP accepting would have given us the biggest and most intriguing super fight in MMA history.
Anderson fought at 167 lbs for half his career and was physically amazing there: great cardio, strength, and speed.

Exactly. Silva wanted no part of the MW division the minute it finally got stacked. He pulled so many shenanigans to avoid Weidman. Silva is the biggest coward in mma. Who the hell calls out fighters not only 1, nor 2 but 3 weight classes lower? AS does.
I'm not one to call anyone a coward if they compete in MMA but I think calling for a super fight with GSP made no sense. GSP himself was starting too feel a bit worn out at that point after taking some fairly harsh fights. hendricks fight was gonna be his last win or lose I think no matter what.

So you use quotes from someone else to prove GSP was not interested? Ha

Reminder ... Just as others Silva is a proven filthy cheating roider ..weither he fought GSP or not.

1st : Cormier wasn't 30 pounds heavier.

2nd. Cormier fought an exhibition match. It was like daddy vs child. While Silva was going 100%.
False

Cormier was short of 40 lbs heavier than Silva

Silva didn't even make 200 lbs. DC is 236 lbs in cage @ LHW, as confirmed by Big John Mcarty

GSP still wasn’t interested

http://en.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/79549.html
“Anderson has proven he's the best fighter and he handles it quite good. It's a complicated fight for GSP… it's a pretty bad fight for him", Guimaraes told Tatame.

"Anderson has this biotype, he loses weight easily, he can make any weight, so I believe a catchweight [bout] would be perfect for GSP, and Anderson wouldn't have problems with that.

"Who'd have a problem would be GSP, because Anderson can lose that weight easily and, at the day of the fight, he'd be on his usual weight, so I believe it's complicated for Georges St-Pierre."

Perfectly stated by Guimaraes
Fact: If you're going to call out a fighter below you, at least have the balls to meet him at his weightclass like TJ Dillashaw at least had the balls to do. Calling out a smaller fighter and not being to meet him at his weight is quite the pussy move.

He knew he had no chance, so Silva never even entertained the idea.

Anderson Silva is the only fighter who went 3 times successfully to the big guys' class and demolished them in equal fashion. One of them was the LHW champion. Anderson even fought the Super HW DC in 2 days notice, whle being 6 years out of his prime. Anderson is not scurer like your boi homie.

Those 3 guys were Irvin, Forrest and Bonnar but GSP going up to MW and finishing the champion (who beat Anderson) isn’t impressive.

Anderson fought DC because he had nothing to lose. He hasn’t won a fight in years. Why didn’t he fight Jones or Shogun in his prime? Because he was shook

False

Cormier was short of 40 lbs heavier than Silva

Silva didn't even make 200 lbs. DC is 236 lbs in cage @ LHW, as confirmed by Big John Mcarty

Silva did like Conor and overcut to make himself look smaller than he is.

How come Silvia never wanted to fight JBJ?
Most champions have gone up a weight class to fight and challenge for a belt.

Because he was nearing the end of his career and Jones was a terrible matchup for him.

Those 3 guys were Irvin, Forrest and Bonnar but GSP going up to MW and finishing the champion (who beat Anderson) isn’t impressive.

Anderson fought DC because he had nothing to lose. He hasn’t won a fight in years. Why didn’t he fight Jones or Shogun in his prime? Because he was shook

Gsp beating granpa Ping means nothing. Gsp didn't want anything to do with the 185ers, so he vacated the title asap. I don't blame him, cause Romero or Rockhold could have killed him in the cage.

Respekt for not holding down the division like that pos Konor.

Gsp beating granpa Ping means nothing. Gsp didn't want anything to do with the 185ers, so he vacated the title asap. I don't blame him, cause Romero or Rockhold could have killed him in the cage.

Respekt for not holding down the division like that pos Konor.

GSP beating Bisping is more impressive than Silva's "challenges" at LHW.

Back