reminder: Putin accurately judged Dustin years ago

Dionysian

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

At 0:20 he says to Khabib "a well-deserved win over a worthy opponent, a strong fighter" to which Khabib replies "respectful and strong... I had a polite opponent this time" and Putin replies "a top-level athlete is supposed to be like that." Russian speakers please elaborate or not, but I'm getting strong "UFC made it so the best aren't always pushed to the top" vibes from this conversation. Am I reading into it too much?

At 2:00 is "his punches are pretty good too"

Overall fun, technical conversation. At 3:00 Khabib points out that he was hoping he'd be physically bigger than Dustin but realized that he wasn't at all, and that Dustin had decent physical strength as well in there. Around 4:30 Khabib talks about gameplanning for Dustin's guillotine and how Dustin typically sets it up.

The point of this thread in case you didn't catch it... yes, Dustin was a better win than Conor. No one could have done to Dustin what Khabib did on the night of 242. My PERSONAL opinion? I thought it was Khabib's best performance. I love the Justin and Conor fights too... but technically, man, 242 was a work of ART. As of 242 at least, this interview made it seem like Putin thought so too.

Last edited:
Khabib and his crew have been putting Dustin over and giving him respect for a WHILE now, it's only a matter of time before fans start to get behind him...until he loses and than of course he sucks again.

Fairweather fans like he said. If you weren't a fan of Dustin before, he doesn't need you now.

Last edited:

At 0:20 he says to Khabib "a well-deserved win over a worthy opponent, a strong fighter" to which Khabib replies "respectful and strong... I had a polite opponent this time" and Putin replies "a top-level athlete is supposed to be like that." Russian speakers please elaborate or not, but I'm getting strong "UFC made it so the best aren't always pushed to the top" vibes from this conversation. Am I reading into it too much?

At 2:00 is "his punches are pretty good too"

Overall fun, technical conversation. At 3:00 Khabib points out that he was hoping he'd be physically bigger than Dustin but realized that he wasn't at all, and that Dustin had decent physical strength as well in there. Around 4:30 Khabib talks about gameplanning for Dustin's guillotine and how Dustin typically sets it up.

The point of this thread in case you didn't catch it... yes, Dustin was a better win than Conor. No one could have done to Dustin what Khabib did on the night of 242. My PERSONAL opinion? I thought it was Khabib's best performance. I love the Justin and Conor fights too... but technically, man, 242 was a work of ART. As of 242 at least, this interview made it seem like Putin thought so too.

whether youre reading into it or not, what you said is a truth so it should be said regardless. good interview i found it very interesting as well.

Khabib and his crew have been putting Dustin over and giving him respect for a WHILE now, it's only a matter of time before fans start to get behind him...until he loses and than of course he sucks.

Fairweather fans like he said. If you weren't a fan of Dustin before, he doesn't need you now.
Good shout-out. I perked up when Dustin had the integrity to bring that up post-fight. He gave off a "you boo me when I walk out then cheer me once I win? Fuck you fairweathers" sort of vibe. Shit fans indeed.
They picked their side. The Irish invasion has gone down in flames.

Ireland-Crying-Jordan-e1503847525461.jpg
There was never an Irish invasion though. It was one guy trying to co-opt Irish nationalism to cover for his desire to line his pockets and commit criminal activity with impunity. I think we should be able to spot that now, rather than damn the country he invoked for his own ends.

Unless you're talking about drunk Irish Conor fans talking trash and talking shit in real life. If that's the case... matt-serra-good-fuck-em.jpg

Not all Irish are like Conor man.

That's true, Irish people are generally decent. Not loud and obnoxious like Conor. Conor's egotistical, over the top persona seems to be modeled after American rappers/entertainers.

They still root for Conor though because other than him, Ireland doesn't have any megastar athletes.

Where's the one with Abdulmanep where he tells Putin Dustin put gel in his hair so that when he got sweaty it would grease him up so he could slip away?

Where's the one with Abdulmanep where he tells Putin Dustin put gel in his hair so that when he got sweaty it would grease him up so he could slip away?
You're referring to what starts at 3:15. Abdulmanap did NOT say what you said.

He said it was a general trick used, explaining to Putin who likely doesn't know this behind-the-scenes practice. The context of talking about fighting slippery opponents was that, just before he says that, Khabib clearly talked about how Dustin was sweaty at the onset because it was so hot in there and it presented challenges.
Sounds like they had nothing to talk about
Fight analysis is nothing? Why are you on this website?

Dustin quit between rounds in that fight so hmmm no

Khabib and his crew have been putting Dustin over and giving him respect for a WHILE now, it's only a matter of time before fans start to get behind him...until he loses and than of course he sucks.

weird, like i'm seeing some fanfare, but it's not being shoved down our throats the way it's supposed to be, like it's not that big a deal. you think poirier will be a star come monday, when everyone is back at work and shit? like diaz exploded overnight, khabib consolidated his already disgustingly huge following. poirier knocked this fool out, but it's not the same.

That's true, Irish people are generally decent. Not loud and obnoxious like Conor. Conor's egotistical, over the top persona seems to be modeled after American rappers/entertainers.

They still root for Conor though because other than him, Ireland doesn't have any megastar athletes.
it's sad because all accounts i've heard, and all encounters i've had with them have been super pleasant. funny how one little man can have such a negative impact on an entire nation's image. at least people back ireland seem to hold him accountble, like when they cancelled him. americans seemingly can't stop fellating him.

Putin is a full of shit corrupt leader. He larps about his country being morally superior while on paper it's degenerate and corrupt.

Dustin quit between rounds in that fight so hmmm no
lol at seriously having the balls to attack Dustin for "quitting between rounds" as an attempt to defend a guy who literally said "it's only business" between rounds

You can't make stuff like this up...
weird, like i'm seeing some fanfare, but it's not being shoved down our throats the way it's supposed to be, like it's not that big a deal. you think poirier will be a star come monday, when everyone is back at work and shit? like diaz exploded overnight, khabib consolidated his already disgustingly huge following. poirier knocked this fool out, but it's not the same.
Of course. The more he loses and further down the rankings he goes, the less gravity the wins carry. That's how MMA works. Extreme example for the point of illustrating the point, but you're not getting a WW title shot today for beating Matt Hughes. <WhatItIs>

it's sad because all accounts i've heard, and all encounters i've had with them have been super pleasant. funny how one little man can have such a negative impact on an entire nation's image. at least people back ireland seem to hold him accountble, like when they cancelled him. americans seemingly can't stop fellating him.
I agree. I haven't been to Ireland lately personally or anything, but I'd bet good money that the majority of shitbag Conor-only fans on this forum are Americans... not Irish.

lol at seriously having the balls to attack Dustin for "quitting between rounds" as an attempt to defend a guy who literally said "it's only business" between rounds

Of course. The more he loses and further down the rankings he goes, the less gravity the wins carry. That's how MMA works. Extreme example for the point of illustrating the point, but you're not getting a WW title shot today for beating Matt Hughes. <WhatItIs>

I agree. I haven't been to Ireland lately personally or anything, but I'd bet good money that the majority of shitbag Conor-only fans on this forum are Americans... not Irish.
nah, but if you beat urijah faber, you're good to go lol

Mr it’s only business won round 3. So fail example.

Dustin quit earlier. Like Con man who quit after winning round one yesterday

nah, but if you beat urijah faber, you're good to go lol
Ha at least Yan beat Aldo after that. Yeah though, belt withdrawals can create some funky scenarios.
Mr it’s only business won round 3. So fail example.

Dustin quit earlier. Like Con man who quit after winning round one yesterday
lol @ "fail example" ... where is Hitto when you need him... how did 229 end again? Less than 5 minutes after "it's only business" was said?

Conor is the worst thing that happened for Ireland's image in the last ten years or something.

Back