Reminder : McGregor Said He Would Defend Both Belts

Wait so the UFC championship contract doesn't matter to him? So why then the prolonged UFC contract dispute?

He basically has said in the past he wants to be a partner with them. I think he fell short of that but got incredible guarantees financially for any appearance. Most UFC fighters make the most money when they are a champion. And they make a lot less when they are not. He has positioned himself so that doesn’t matter. I’m sure he wants the belt back but financially he still makes what he makes.

UFC stripped him before he could

He never said "I will defend both by..."

He’s all talk.

Heard that before somewhere...

MxyNUf2.gif

200.gif

oJDUHo.gif

He basically has said in the past he wants to be a partner with them. I think he fell short of that but got incredible guarantees financially for any appearance. Most UFC fighters make the most money when they are a champion. And they make a lot less when they are not. He has positioned himself so that doesn’t matter. I’m sure he wants the belt back but financially he still makes what he makes.

He was essentially a defacto partner when Dana unprecedentedly let his UFC champion fight in another promotion. And he repays that by holding out for more money and fucking the UFC over by tying up the division for a year? And you wonder why some UFC fans might not like the greedy douche? If the belt doesn't matter to him he could've simply vacated after the boxing exhibition and let the division proceed while he renegotiated

So before the Money exhibition he couldn't defend because his wife was pregnant and after the Money exhibition he couldn't defend because of a contract dispute. Just making sure we're clear that the Money exhibition didn't actually preclude him from defending

I once said I was going to grow up to be a fireman.

Shit didn't pan out.

Life goes on, you bitches need to let shit go.

He said he would, but he didn't and went to fight floyd, throwing dollys and not fighting for 2 years.

They stripped him. He would of defended eventually :). Some might consider his fight against Khabib his first title defense. I guarantee he does.

And why do you think he did not? Were you even paying attention to anything that was going on? He wanted more money from the UFC. All of these idiots around here that claimed he was scared got embarrassed as soon as he got the deal he wanted he signed onto the toughest matchup possible. He always does. He is scared.

Wrong!!!

Conor has you fooled

Yet Dana gets mad at GSP for dropping the belt immediately so he doesn't hold up an enire division.

Time stamped. For those people who claim that Conor never said he would or it was his coaches who suggested it and not him. For those who claim Conor does not use deceit and that he always planned to not defend to acheive "greater things".

" Why not defend both?"

Here you go OP:

I did your work for ya. He did say he would defend his belt many times! Let's hope he still makes good on that

He’s all talk. He’s a pick em fighter. He’s an overrated UFC god to casuals.
Lmao then what does that make Aldo? Dude couldn’t last more than 13 seconds with this supposedly overrated fighter.

'Suggests he was suggesting' is not 'mcgregor said he would defend both belts'.

That's what I read in the title and it's what I expected to hear.

To be fair this is only one interview. I'm pretty sure at one point he did say he is an active fighter and would have no problem defending both belts.

I believe that was when the UFC said they wanted him to give up the FW title before getting a LW shot though which would have made it impossible to become the first to "be champion in 2 divisions at once" which in hind sight meant nothing since he was stripped of both without a single defence.

He would've defended the belts but they were stripped.

Obviously getting the second belt was a priority over defending the FW belt, and obviously fighting Mayweather took priority over defending either belt. And then he was stripped. It's not like he lied, I'm sure he had every intention of defending them at the time he said it, but when circumstances change, plans have to change too.

He would've defended the belts but they were stripped.

Obviously getting the second belt was a priority over defending the FW belt, and obviously fighting Mayweather took priority over defending either belt. And then he was stripped. It's not like he lied, I'm sure he had every intention of defending them at the time he said it, but when circumstances change, plans have to change too.

<LikeReally5>

Back