Reminder: Greg Hardy fights again tonight

Yes and Greg Hardy is 1 fight into his career. Relax buddy, if you watch this fights, he has still a ways to go as far as technique. If he doesn’t KO those guys in his first burst, he would be beaten down. You’re talking about guys who get punched in the face for a living. Not saying they will survive a shot, but this is what they train for.

To suggest that Hardy is going to just crush everyone in the top 10 is laughable. People said Francis was the best thing ever prior to Stipe and Stipe made him look like a fucking amateur.

Now take an actual amateur like Hardy and put him in there vs Stipe. The results would not be in Greg’s favor more often than not.[/QUOT

Most of the division has a long way to go technique wise.. so he should fit right in

Never said he would crush everyone, never said he could compete with stipe

Will he get smashed tonight or what?
I'll tune in if so

Most of the division has a long way to go technique wise.. so he should fit right in

Never said he would crush everyone, never said he could compete with stipe

Yeah nobody in the top 10 though. Which you said he would. And of all of those guys, in the striking dept, technique wise, Alistair is the best.

Yeah nobody in the top 10 though. Which you said he would. And of all of those guys, in the striking dept, technique wise, Alistair is the best.
He's the best offensively and probably the worst defensively

Derrick Lewis is ranked top 5 in this division FYI. He has little going for him besides size, power and toughness

Derrick Lewis is ranked top 5 in this division FYI. He has little going for him besides size, power and toughness

BB and Francis have less technique than Hardy? Francis has a submission win in the UFC (and multiple in his career) so that alone makes him leagues better than Hardy technique wise lol.

Does that mean that Hardy can’t KO everyone if he lands on the chin? Nope. He has power, but, at this point in his career, that is all he has.

Greg Hardy was an amazing talent in the NFL. If he has that same drive for MMA and puts all of his focus and effort into this, I think he can improve at a rapid rate, much faster than most MMA fighters, and become successful. But that stuff takes time. It’ll be interesting to see where he is at in 2 years from now. He’s legit a newbie.

Look at Cejudo vs DJ the first time, then look at what he did after. He improved so much, enough to beat DJ, in 2 years. But this is after 5 years of MMA training. I think Hardy has been at it for like, maybe 2?

BB and Francis have less technique than Hardy? Francis has a submission win in the UFC (and multiple in his career) so that alone makes him leagues better than Hardy technique wise lol.

Does that mean that Hardy can’t KO everyone if he lands on the chin? Nope. He has power, but, at this point in his career, that is all he has.

Greg Hardy was an amazing talent in the NFL. If he has that same drive for MMA and puts all of his focus and effort into this, I think he can improve at a rapid rate, much faster than most MMA fighters, and become successful. But that stuff takes time. It’ll be interesting to see where he is at in 2 years from now. He’s legit a newbie.

Look at Cejudo vs DJ the first time, then look at what he did after. He improved so much, enough to beat DJ, in 2 years. But this is after 5 years of MMA training. I think Hardy has been at it for like, maybe 2?
Umm, no. I said no such thing. What I said is that BB has reached near the top of the division without having much skill.

HW champ in no time. oh yeah if black beast can be top 5 (top 2 actually), yeah greg hardy will make waves

no, cejudo only needed 2 years to beat the best fighter in the sport after losing to him for the first time. and only 3 years to fight for the title for the first time. hardy can do similar things, especially in HW

Lewis has more than that. he has a decent gas tank for a guy who is gigantic and he can get up from under any HW so far that has gotten on top of him.

if Ngannou possessed those 2 attributes he'd probably have clobbered Stipe and Cormier would've most likely thought twice about fighting for the HW title.

I haven't found him to be all that impressive.

I wouldn't pick him over any of the top 10...
DC
Stipe
Blaydes
Volkov
Lewis
N’gannou
Overeem
Werdum
JDS
Hunt
Sure, all those guys may beat him, but what makes him impressive is he just started training and could likely beat many on the UFC roster. Ngannou has been training about a decade now and still doesn't have the footwork of 1 year old Hardy. Just like Cejudo, he needs time, and then we will see next level stuff. Lets remember NFL reject Schaub KTFO'd Cro Crop.

Sure, all those guys may beat him, but what makes him impressive is he just started training and could likely beat many on the UFC roster. Ngannou has been training about a decade now and still doesn't have the footwork of 1 year old Hardy. Just like Cejudo, he needs time, and then we will see next level stuff. Lets remember NFL reject Schaub KTFO'd Cro Crop.

Oh I agree, he is an interesting prospect worth keeping an eye on. Was just saying his can crushing on Tuesday nights isn't "a waste of time" and is something he needs.

Last edited:
Lewis has more than that. he has a decent gas tank for a guy who is gigantic and he can get up from under any HW so far that has gotten on top of him.

<45>Rewatch - Jared Rosholt required 4 referees to get him off top of Derrick. A gave to the World Wildlife Fund watching the poor black beast getting raped!

If Bret Rodgers (Strikeforce-now-UFC) and Lavar Johnson (Strikeforce & plenty UFC!) make MMA careers against top 10 competition, I give Hardy an above average chance.

I am not one to throw stones, but both of these two gentlemen served time in prison for similar crimes that Hardy was accused of. I would Hardy (I mean Hardly) say that either Lavar or Brett were seriously talented well rounded MMA practitioners! <Moves>

um, lol. Alistair could just cover his face and spam leg kicks until Hardy's breaks.

Hardy is an interesting talent. But, it's not as if he's some special sort of breed of human that's never been in the UFC before. You guys realize that people like Mitrione played in the NFL right? Hell, even Abu-Schaubi was a college FB player.

With that said, I'll watch because I like to see people get KO'd. Hopefully he improves each time out and actually does something good here in the sport.
Reem is done - a shadow of the guy who won the K1GP and was marching people down

<45>Rewatch - Jared Rosholt required 4 referees to get him off top of Derrick. A gave to the World Wildlife Fund watching the poor black beast getting raped!

If Bret Rodgers (Strikeforce-now-UFC) and Lavar Johnson (Strikeforce & plenty UFC!) make MMA careers against top 10 competition, I give Hardy an above average chance.

I am not one to throw stones, but both of these two gentlemen served time in prison for similar crimes that Hardy was accused of. I would Hardy (I mean Hardly) say that either Lavar or Brett were seriously talented well rounded MMA practitioners! <Moves>

what are you talking about? he got up from under Rosholt.
giphy.gif

and what are you even talking about watching the Black Beast get raped? Rosholt did zero damage and Lewis ended up KOing him.

Wonder if they will give him a Ngannou push or bring him up slowly(if he keeps winning of course)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back