Reminder: "Eddie signed for the same purse to fight me, imagine that, ha!" - Conor

I gotta know how the hell you found that emoji. I made it a few days ago, hid it deep in the bowels of the internet, and have not even posted it myself. Yet here you are, using my own emoji before I even used it. I gots to know how.
l@nd0

You did tell me I could share your super top secret emoji'z catalog with teh cool kidz. :cool:

@One MMA Fan is my twin brother. :D

w0P0mLr.png

Because he said he'd do it for free(nobody expects him to), talks about money not being important and that he only cares about his legacy.

After all that, he's now pricing himself out of the fight. As a fan i don't see how you can be annoyed by that.

Yeah fighters talk shit to sound tough or like a movie martial artist, but at the end of the day they are human beings with families to support and money always comes first.

Honestly this is like whining because a rapper doesn't actually sell drugs.

Khabib fanboys AKA the Conor are in full damage control mode.

Run Khabib run.

I just hope the fight actually happens, so we can see Conor get smashed and gassing on the floor haha.

I never got Alvarez's value. All the hype and then he debuts against Cerrone and get thoroughly owned, didn't have top level skills.

In other words, I think he's lucky to have made what he made.

Yeah fighters talk shit to sound tough or like a movie martial artist, but at the end of the day they are human beings with families to support and money always comes first.

Honestly this is like whining because a rapper doesn't actually sell drugs.

Except Khabib will rather take less money and fight someone lower ranked...

So what are you talking about??

Eddie was getting a champs purse and PPV points because he was the defending champ, so he was absolutely getting good money for that fight.

The fans lose in the end. Diaz got a taste of that big money and we haven't seen him since. Once Khabib gets it, he might not fight unless he's getting it again.

That's why I don't get people giving Khabibi a hard time for this, a fight against one of the biggest stars in the history of combat sports is not a regular title defense, not trying to get some extra cash is stupid.
Khabib had said that he would fight Conor for free.

Timestamped:

UFC pressured Eddie to take the Conor fight for the same purse and stock champ PPV share. Conor knew this and was making fun of him.

Eddie had a choice to make it was either the Conor fight or the Khabib fight remember when another contract was sent to fight Khabib (the time the UFC tried to scare both of them in signing the contracts or they get Khabib).

One thing that did surprise Alvarez was the fact the Conor was privy to his contractual terms with UFC, information he says the mouthy Irishman should not have. Eddie:
"A little bit surprised. I don't think he should have stuff like that or should know things about how much money I am making and things of that sort. I don't know who told him or what was what. But why does he give a shit?"

Now the UFC is trying to make Khabib take the fight cheap and what did our initiated sherdog fans do ? they play right into their hands, they forgot everything that we learned from the past.

fM9n1Gt.gif

Khabib wanna fight for their chicken.

Khabib comes from a very strong camp. I have no doubt he will get what he deserves.

Eddie got caught in a whirlwind of shit, made some bad choices, but obviously he thought he was gonna walk over Conor and be in for some major paydays.

At least Eddie gets in there and fights. At this point, I'll be happy when Connor is gone for good. I like to watch him fight, but it's not worth all of the bullshit and distraction for a guy who won't even defend a belt. Bellator would be a good place for him.

Khabib isn't dumb, his mind is on smashing Conor but he isn't going to do it for chump change.

He has dignity. Even though he isn't about the money, he won't be used like a piece of toilet paper so that someone else can make six digits. They are going to have to recognize his dignity. That's the point of it all. It just so happens that this translates into money talk.

Unless I'm mistaken, pay is dictated by the contract. Conor is used to renegotiating his contract after every single fight while the vast majority of fighters don't get to do this.

Plus there's nothing stopping UFC from saying "Take the fight at your current purse or fuck off."

Khabib is just taking a page out of Conor's book.

Your contract is your contract but if you got the power(draw) you can get one fight add ins like "x" amount of money guaranteed and higher PPV point scale.

Nothing wrong Khabib trying and shame on Eddie's management for not pushing the UFC more. Anyone fighting Conor should push the UFC for higher pay because the UFC is going to clean up on any Conor event.

Nice to see some fighters trying different ways to make more money.

Back