Reminder: "Eddie signed for the same purse to fight me, imagine that, ha!" - Conor

That's why I don't get people giving Khabibi a hard time for this, a fight against one of the biggest stars in the history of combat sports is not a regular title defense, not trying to get some extra cash is stupid.
^^This.

Plus it's not like he's begging for Conor. He said if the UFC don't want to pay him, just give him Poirier and he'll fight for a contract fight.

Khabib V Conor should do 2 million PPV.
2000000 x 65 = USD$130,000,000 + Ticket sales Merchandising etc probably 140000000.
It's not unreasonable that the fighters get 33% of that. 33% should cover staging and 33% for the company.
20 mil for Conor 10 mil for Khabib and 16 mil for the others.
The money is there - stop sucking WME's shit off Dana's cock. Time for the money makers to earn some money.
Nobody is going to pay to see Dana White fight Ari Emanual so why should they get the money.

Khabib V Conor should do 2 million PPV.
2000000 x 65 = USD$130,000,000 + Ticket sales Merchandising etc probably 140000000.
It's not unreasonable that the fighters get 33% of that. 33% should cover staging and 33% for the company.
20 mil for Conor 10 mil for Khabib and 16 mil for the others.
The money is there - stop sucking WME's shit off Dana's cock. Time for the money makers to earn some money.
Nobody is going to pay to see Dana White fight Ari Emanual so why should they get the money.

In before someone comes in here and tells you in 2018 UFC is giving half the PPV intake to a fooking provider.

Fighters don't take that much of a share home.. well maybe now Conor and Brock have the only real shot to even sit at the big boys table.

Timestamped:

UFC pressured Eddie to take the Conor fight for the same purse and stock champ PPV share. Conor knew this and was making fun of him.

Eddie had a choice to make it was either the Conor fight or the Khabib fight remember when another contract was sent to fight Khabib (the time the UFC tried to scare both of them in signing the contracts or they get Khabib).

One thing that did surprise Alvarez was the fact the Conor was privy to his contractual terms with UFC, information he says the mouthy Irishman should not have. Eddie:
"A little bit surprised. I don't think he should have stuff like that or should know things about how much money I am making and things of that sort. I don't know who told him or what was what. But why does he give a shit?"

Now the UFC is trying to make Khabib take the fight cheap and what did our initiated sherdog fans do ? they play right into their hands, they forgot everything that we learned from the past.

fM9n1Gt.gif

I thought of this exact thing when Ali started to talk stingy about the pay. Good work

I thought of this exact thing when Ali started to talk stingy about the pay. Good work

Oh I so don't like Ali or Malki this people are .... but so is Dana White so it's fair game. UFC trying to save a dollar of a Khabib's head because they created that greedy Conor and now they nickel and dime his opponents. It takes 2 to tango even if it's A and B side.

That's why I don't get people giving Khabibi a hard time for this, a fight against one of the biggest stars in the history of combat sports is not a regular title defense, not trying to get some extra cash is stupid.
Especially when that guy has not fought mma in almost 2yrs and the last time he was in any ring he was getting carried then beaten up by old man floyd.

Especially when that guy has not fought mma in almost 2yrs and the last time he was in any ring he was getting carried then beaten up by old man floyd.

If the boxer wants to come to MMA he has to share the pie. :D

Porier winning makes it tough for UFC as he’s an easy match for Khabib whilst Alvarez would have given Khabib issues, puts a lot more power in Khabib’s hands

Then the UFC will have to deal with Diaz who is an even bigger pain in the ass during negotiations.

I would love the chaos of a Diaz brother with a UFC gold belt he will show all the other fighters how it's done in dealing with Dana and the co.

Porier winning makes it tough for UFC as he’s an easy match for Khabib whilst Alvarez would have given Khabib issues, puts a lot more power in Khabib’s hands

They both have nothing for Khabib outside of a small punchers chance. Eddie won't stop that grappling but you are right Dustin really can't do much he was taken down and control by Eddie that tells me Khabib can do it better.

Not sure how much they still happen in this WME era.
Eddie isnt new to the fight game. He knew the value of that fight and got paid for it. Whether disclosed or not. Dont believe the lies.

Eddie isnt new to the fight game. He knew the value of that fight and got paid for it. Whether disclosed or not. Dont believe the lies.

Oh he did.. he had a UFC champion PPV share he got a few millions just from that on this 1.3 mill buys PPV. Problem is he most likely tried for a bigger purse and better shares then the default stuff they give out for most champs.. and he didn't get it and Conor knew all this and made fun of him.

Oh he did.. he had a UFC champion PPV share he got a few millions just from that on this 1.3 mill buys PPV. Problem is he most likely tried for a bigger purse and better shares then the default stuff they give out for most champs.. and he didn't get it and Conor knew all this and made fun of him.
No idea what they worked out, but he has a professional manager who would have looked to make a good deal. And come on, Conor was saying that stuff.

No idea what they worked out, but he has a professional manager who would have looked to make a good deal. And come on, Conor was saying that stuff.

He 100% meant it and had insider info on it.

Wasn't a smart move by his management team to take the default contract. You should use all the leverage you got in the PPV entertainment business because it could be your one and only chance at a big paycheck, and that's what happened.

Back