Reminder: "Eddie signed for the same purse to fight me, imagine that, ha!" - Conor

"yer gonna need a fookin ARMY to take them belts off me"

Khabib shouldn't get what he regularly gets paid...But he also shouldn't have said he doesn't care about money and that he'd fight Conor for free.

He comes out looking stupid and shook

and people call nate diaz stupid

Nate got paid more against Conor the first time than Eddie did at 205... on 10 days notice. Eddie had the BELT at UFC 205 ( most stacked card ever) and still took it on his last contract! Imagine that!

Holy fuk I forgot how insane Conor pressers are

Untouchable on the mic. A true showman. Ali in his prime.

biggest fight here we go again

I deleted that post because I felt it added nothing that wasn't already said ITT. FTR you're in the minority who doesn't think Conor v Khabib is potentially the biggest fight in UFC history. Conor coming off of the biggest PPV in the history of PPVs is going to do blockbuster, irrespective of opponent.

Yea ? well Forbes is estimating Diaz got close to 10 mill for his Conor fight and that guy didn't even had a UFC gold belt.
well, this was for the second fight, I believe? the thing is he had ALL the leverage in the world. mcgregor had just lost to nate. not only that but he was humiliated. mcgregor HAD to fight and beat him to get his honor back. not only that, if he didn't reach an agreement with nate, he would have to go down and face aldo again. he knew the first fight was atypical, so he wouldn't risk fighting aldo again if he can fight this nathan guy that can't defend a leg kick to save his life

but still, khabib is an undefeated champ that should get a couple of millions for this fight on his purse alone

Alvarez honored his contract... instead of using that opportunity as leverage against the UFC.

Dana knows this, and I suspect it will pay off for Eddie in the long run.

Alvarez honored his contract... instead of using that opportunity as leverage against the UFC.

Dana knows this, and I suspect it will pay off for Eddie in the long run.
<{fry}>

What Eddie was never able to figure out was that Conor was actually trying to do him a favor, McGregor was very direct in his challenge for the lightweight title and the title only, yet Eddie never figured that out and got played by the whole situation where the UFC was sending multiple bogus contracts to Khabib, kind of like saying 'Listen Eddie, if you don't take the fight then Khabib will'. Alvarez never understood the leverage that his title gave him or that Conor was adamant in only fighting for said title (and we all know that what Conor wants, Conor gets) but Eddie's management still fell for it and agreed to the purse that the UFC wanted. Conor was right in making fun of him and this coming from someone who is a way bigger fan of Alvarez (from way back in the DreamFC days) than Conor, but the truth is the truth.

I hope Khabib is way smarter than that and understands this.

That's why I don't get people giving Khabibi a hard time for this, a fight against one of the biggest stars in the history of combat sports is not a regular title defense, not trying to get some extra cash is stupid.
I think its more that Khabib is acting like he is going to dictate what he is paid, or hold up the fight. Thats just not going to happen. He has the smallest amount of leverage out of all parties concerned, yet hes acting like its "his way or the highway". Its patently untrue.

Khabib is the dummy saying that he fights for legacy not money. Also that he'd fight Conor for free. So, he's either stupid or a lair.
Khabib is also rumored to be funded by some billionaire so I’m sure money isn’t an issue.

I think its more that Khabib is acting like he is going to dictate what he is paid, or hold up the fight. Thats just not going to happen. He has the smallest amount of leverage out of all parties concerned, yet hes acting like its "his way or the highway". Its patently untrue.
he's the champ, he has enough leverage. not THAT much, but still a bit of a leverage

Khabib isn't dumb, his mind is on smashing Conor but he isn't going to do it for chump change.
Funny how not so long ago khabib said he'd fight Conor for free

Khabib is the dummy saying that he fights for legacy not money. Also that he'd fight Conor for free. So, he's either stupid or a lair.

He said he is fine to fight for his normal purse for his legacy against the active and current nr 1 contender Dustin. So we sport or business Khabib can do them both.

<seedat>

I think the Diaz fight sold more PPV's in that rematch. I love Eddie but he doesn't carry the name Diaz.

Yea about 300k more but Eddie had GOLD that UFC/Conor need it while Diaz only had a sub win that Conor was barely able to decision back.

Ufc 223 performed poorly, Khabib isn't a draw and has no leverage especially when he only makes it to the octagon for half his scheduled fights.

Considering the card and the current UFC landscape I say he did very well.

Khabib may not be as marketable as Nate, but he definetly is better than Eddie or Tony. For one, I don’t think he lacks charisma and is pretty good in front of a mic, he just hasn’t had enough consistency to stay active to really make a name for himself to the more casual audience. Apart from his charisma, his record and skill set is something he has over Nate and Eddie.

Imagine the banter of the lead up to Aldo-Conor if Jose wasn’t intimated and spoke English. That’s what you’re basically getting with this fight. The build up will be fantastic and and a second fight could do more than Diaz-conor 2

Back