Reminder: "Eddie signed for the same purse to fight me, imagine that, ha!" - Conor

One MMA Fan

@Gold
Reaction score
Timestamped:

UFC pressured Eddie to take the Conor fight for the same purse and stock champ PPV share. Conor knew this and was making fun of him.

Eddie had a choice to make it was either the Conor fight or the Khabib fight remember when another contract was sent to fight Khabib (the time the UFC tried to scare both of them in signing the contracts or they get Khabib).

One thing that did surprise Alvarez was the fact the Conor was privy to his contractual terms with UFC, information he says the mouthy Irishman should not have. Eddie:
"A little bit surprised. I don't think he should have stuff like that or should know things about how much money I am making and things of that sort. I don't know who told him or what was what. But why does he give a shit?"

Now the UFC is trying to make Khabib take the fight cheap and what did our initiated sherdog fans do ? they play right into their hands, they forgot everything that we learned from the past.

fM9n1Gt.gif

UFC does people dirty.It is what it is
I want to see an interview with Diego Sanchez when he turns a young 50.
I predict the falling of salt from alot of decent human beings.

"I was trying to negotiate new money ... but this guys easy money guys, easy money ! " - Eddie Alvarez

Khabib isn't dumb, his mind is on smashing Conor but he isn't going to do it for chump change.

Eddie still got around 3 million in total for the fight with his PPV shares. This what he told Ariel on the MMA Hour awhile back, go dig up the episode if you want confirmation.

That's why I don't get people giving Khabibi a hard time for this, a fight against one of the biggest stars in the history of combat sports is not a regular title defense, not trying to get some extra cash is stupid.

Khabib will take what is offered to him or he won't get the fight.

Eddie still got around 3 million in total for the fight with his PPV shares. This what he told Ariel on the MMA Hour awhile back, go dig up the episode if you want confirmation.

Yea ? well Forbes is estimating Diaz got close to 10 mill for his Conor fight and that guy didn't even had a UFC gold belt.

Yea ? well Forbes is estimating Diaz got close to 10 mill for his Conor fight and that guy didn't even had a UFC gold belt.

I think the Diaz fight sold more PPV's in that rematch. I love Eddie but he doesn't carry the name Diaz.

Timestamped:

UFC pressured Eddie to take the Conor fight for the same purse and stock champ PPV share. Conor knew this and was making fun of him.

Eddie had a choice to make it was either the Conor fight or the Khabib fight remember when another contract was sent to fight Khabib (the time the UFC tried to scare both of them in signing the contracts or they get Khabib).

One thing that did surprise Alvarez was the fact the Conor was privy to his contractual terms with UFC, information he says the mouthy Irishman should not have. Eddie:
"A little bit surprised. I don't think he should have stuff like that or should know things about how much money I am making and things of that sort. I don't know who told him or what was what. But why does he give a shit?"

Now the UFC is trying to make Khabib take the fight cheap and what did our initiated sherdog fans do ? they play right into their hands, they forgot everything that we learned from the past.

fM9n1Gt.gif

Khabib is the dummy saying that he fights for legacy not money. Also that he'd fight Conor for free. So, he's either stupid or a lair.

Ufc 223 performed poorly, Khabib isn't a draw and has no leverage especially when he only makes it to the octagon for half his scheduled fights.

Then why does Khabib think he's getting 10 or more? This could be a huge sticking point, as GSP got around ten for his return fight and he can generate millions of PPV by himself.

Nate is the only proven candidate to really boost a Conor PPV, so the UFC could go and make that just as easily for the 165 lb belt, or even GSP McGregor. 10 just sounds like an awful lot when Khabib is not a proven needle mover and Conor will be responsible for atleast 90% of the PPV buys.

Difference being that Eddie was screwed because there was another option (Khabib). With Nate, he was a late replacement for the first fight, but for the second Conor was desperate to rematch him. He could ask for plenty and get it because that’s what it was going to take to get Conor back in there.

Feel bad for Eddie, but he still made out OK. Good for Khabib trying to negotiate and make it look like he has another option in Poirier. He should get what he can.

Then why does Khabib think he's getting 10 or more? This could be a huge sticking point, as GSP got around ten for his return fight and he can generate millions of PPV by himself.

Nate is the only proven candidate to really boost a Conor PPV, so the UFC could go and make that just as easily for the 165 lb belt, or even GSP McGregor. 10 just sounds like an awful lot when Khabib is not a proven needle mover and Conor will be responsible for atleast 90% of the PPV buys.

I personally think it's Khabib's agent trying to pressure the UFC. Khabib ain't even touching 3 million if he fights anyone besides Conor. That's good money for a guy who doesn't sell PPV's, this is a business and Khabib doesn't exactly promote himself like Conor.

Khabib is the dummy saying that he fights for legacy not money. Also that he'd fight Conor for free. So, he's either stupid or a lair.
It's really not a good look for the mind game warfare on Khabib's part. Between the body guards, starting the ruckus by ganging up on Artem and then staying in the bus when Conor came, Khabib is off to a rough start. Ali was even tryin' to get off the bus but Khabib just stayed there, and had no problem assaulting Artem when cutting weight.

I personally think it's Khabib's agent trying to pressure the UFC. Khabib ain't even touching 3 million if he fights anyone besides Conor. That's good money for a guy who doesn't sell PPV's, this is a business and Khabib doesn't exactly promote himself like Conor.
That could be, man. I just hope he does not ruin it for everyone. Ali is out of his element here in his first hundred million dollar fight. UFC benched Conor for not doing promo work, so they would #100 bench Khabib.

I don't understand how anyone is against Khabib getting paid

This is expected to be the biggest fight in UFC history, in the sphere of 2M PPVs

If MMA had fair revenue splits like boxing, Khabib would comfortably make 7 figures

Conor McGregor should be raking in high 8 figures, almost 9 figures at this point

Dana / UFC / WME avg ~250k PPVs. Without stars, they're nothing.

Khabib has no right to call for multiple millions but

he certainly deserves more than his $200k contract​
biggest fight here we go again

Back