Media Reminder: Conor's KO over Aldo was not a fluke.

That is all.

Why y’all always gotta do this to my boy aldo
giphy.gif

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-16_14-26-17.jpeg
    upload_2020-1-16_14-26-17.jpeg
    2.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
What's never talked about is the shot Conor takes from Aldo. He also landed flush, but Conor's big head took the blow no problem..

giphy.gif

Reminds me of Rocky and Apollo...

source.gif

What's never talked about is the shot Conor takes from Aldo. He also landed flush, but Conor's big head took the blow no problem..

giphy.gif
Aldo landed clean, but Conor landing first took some momentum out of it. Had Aldo landed first, it may have been a different outcome...maybe.

Agree.

Probably the most calculated punch in MMA history.

Not a fluke at all.

But there still should have been a rematch.

giphy.gif

source.gif

And the punch Aldo landed unconciously was 3 times harder than the punch Conor landed.

We can all agree his foot wasn't a balloon for this fight.

Remember: Conor punched an old man in a bar and didn't even phase him.

giphy.gif

source.gif
Conor got hit more straight on, though, and didn't have the head rotation that Aldo got hit with. People get knocked out when the brain experiences high acceleration, and this is easier to do by rotating the head since the muscles that turn the head from side to side are substantially weaker than the muscles that pull the head forward. This is why the chin is a "knockout button".

If that Aldo punch would’ve landed first, Conor wouldn’t have a head.

This smells like a pre-emptive look how magical Conor was just in case Cowboy does beat him.

I'm not buying it.

giphy.gif

source.gif

Conor didn't bother blocking it or moving out of the way as he was waiting for Aldo, and knew he had the better shot. As he said after the fight, timing and precision beat speed.

Also despite it looking like Rocky lands the cleaner punch, Rocky says Creed won the fight. So they're actually opposites.

giphy.gif

Aldo's circuit was already dead by the time it hit, which is why you can see his muscles all floppy as it lands, so Conor took about 10% of what it would have been had Aldo been awake

Still though, it's a great example of how Conor plays with fire

If he misses and Aldo's still awake when Aldo's punch lands?

With Aldo throwing ALL of his weight into it in a way he never ever does usually

It's a whole new world

Back