Reminder: Canelo is not that good

Huge Crawford fan here, but let's not get crazy. Canelo has the best resume of wins outside of Pacquiao right now. Crawford does have a bit to prove at the moment.
i'm not talking resume. i just think crawford is flat out superior. he is a hell of a lot more entertaining to watch, that's for sure.

i'm not talking resume. i just think crawford is flat out superior. he is a hell of a lot more entertaining to watch, that's for sure.
Canelo was a monster when he was fighting b level guys too. Look at him against guys like Kirkland, Angulo etc. When Crawford steps up and fights someone with a pulse, he won't be rolling over everyone either.

two reasons i think crawford is superior, he's a better finisher, and he presses the action more. canelo is a little too defensive reactive for my liking, and doesn't have the power to get finishes with counter shots.

This is also wrong.
we are all entitled to our opinions. personally i think, that the weight bully, drug cheating canelo is shit. and now he's fighting people the same size his power is shit. but that's just my opinion.

that the weight bully, drug cheating canelo is shit. and now he's fighting people the same size his power is shit. but that's just my opinion.
So why can't these guys just tank their way through his punches? Also, many fighters cut more weight than we think.

And also, you're wrong.

Canelo was a monster when he was fighting b level guys too. Look at him against guys like Kirkland, Angulo etc. When Crawford steps up and fights someone with a pulse, he won't be rolling over everyone either.
canelo has never been a monster, unless your talking monstrous weight cutter. he bullied cotto around until cotto figured out that he isn't a great puncher. cotto was starting to get back into the fight towards the end. it's a shame he didn't back himself more earlier.

Canelo is a great champ...but he isn't close to legends like Floyd and Manny...His biggest win is an over the hill GGG...
His biggest win is an undefeated P4P ranked , long reigning middleweight champ who is still otherwise undefeated. He's also beaten the likes of Lara, Cotto and Jacobs.

canelo has never been a monster, unless your talking monstrous weight cutter. he bullied cotto around until cotto figured out that he isn't a great puncher. cotto was starting to get back into the fight towards the end. it's a shame he didn't back himself more earlier.
Can't agree. He was a wrecking machine against guys like Kirkland, Lopez etc. Put him in with any b level guy and he'll beat them down and stop them.

When Crawford finally steps up and fights someone, people will wonder whats wrong with him.

Because he would have got knocked out.
do you honestly think canelo is a strong puncher? serious question. because if you do, you really need to watch more boxing, his power is good but it's a long way from being great. and when he's fighting people the same size, his power is average at best.

Can't agree. He was a wrecking machine against guys like Kirkland, Lopez etc. Put him in with any b level guy and he'll beat them down and stop them.

When Crawford finally steps up and fights someone, people will wonder whats wrong with him.
i would take crawford over spence any day of the week.

Ridiculous OP. Canelo is a fantastic boxer with p4p the best resume of active boxers currently. There is no shame in losing to Floyd Mayweather because EVERYONE who faced him did. After having an honest unbiased look at Canelo's boxing record and seeing the scalps on it, how could he possibly be not that good?

he gets stoppages through beating people down, like you say. to me that's not a great puncher. who was the last person canelo stopped? serious question as i don't follow him at all.

he gets stoppages through beating people down, like you say. to me that's not a great puncher. who was the last person canelo stopped? serious question as i don't follow him at all.
Maybe you should and then you can come back and re-edit your comments with "I was wrong"

just watched the lopez fight. we obviously have very different ideas about the term "wrecking machine".

I mean, are we comparing him to Crawford here or Prime Tyson?

You didn't like the 35 punch combo he stopped the guy with?
if it takes that many your definitely not a great puncher. don't get me wrong, i know the guy has some serious skills, but i hate fighters that cut a lot of weight and i just don't find him that entertaining. (also unlike a lot, i'm not interested in his appearance)

Back