Reminder: Canelo is not that good

StopDucking

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
36-year-old Floyd toyed with him at 154. Golovkin in his prime would have whooped his ass twice at 160, so would Dimitry Pirog if he didn't get injured. Callum Smith probably beats him at 168. No way he could ever win a belt at 175 without draining half-retired Kovalev. He'll avoid Bivol like a plague. Ward can come out of retirement right now and bury him at both 168 and 175. He's good enough to win close decisions against the likes of Lara and Jacobs but that's about it. Not to mention he's a proven steroids user. All-time great my ass.

So you're not a fan, I take it?

Reminder, shit thread.

36-year-old Floyd toyed with him at 154. Golovkin in his prime would have whooped his ass twice at 160, so would Dimitry Pirog if he didn't get injured. Callum Smith probably beats him at 168. No way he could ever win a belt at 175 without draining half-retired Kovalev. He'll avoid Bivol like a plague. Ward can come out of retirement right now and bury him at both 168 and 175. He's good enough to win close decisions against the likes of Lara and Jacobs but that's about it. Not to mention he's a proven steroids user. All-time great my ass.

RETARD ALERT, RETARD ALERT, RETARD ALERT!!!!!

34030E1A-C134-49F7-8051-E7E15A68BB3D.gif

I'm no Canelo fanboy but the guy is a great boxer. Shit thread.

Suck a cheesy cock you melt. Jesus Christ Almighty.

<escalate99>

And you didn’t even mention the red hair.

I think people are so desperate for superstars these days, they hyperbolize good fighters.

d4713070b54b569ffcaf50499e031ca5.gif

I think people are so desperate for superstars these days, they hyperbolize good fighters.

That's what Teddy Atlas believes and I agree. Canelo is very good but not great.

Canelo is great and saying otherwise is absurd.

Canelo is a great champ...but he isn't close to legends like Floyd and Manny...His biggest win is an over the hill GGG...

The hate is unreal. He has fought the best of the best. What more do you want?

Hes has absolutely fought everyone that isnt a reach, he also only came up short against a strong GOAT candidate.

This is asinine and an indefensible POV

Canelo is a great champ...but he isn't close to legends like Floyd and Manny...His biggest win is an over the hill GGG...
His biggest win is over an incredible fighter? How terrible.

For one thing, he's far from done, for another, guys like Mayweather and Pacquiao don't come along every five minutes. Those are generational talents and All Time Greats.

Nothing about Canelo really knocks my socks off and it's kind of sad that he's the reigning superstar of boxing, but you can't say he isn't a very good fighter. He seems to improve with every fight and may eventually retire with one of the most impressive list of big name fights of any boxer.

Back