REMINDER : Belfort KTFO Henderson twice.

Will never forget his machine gun barrage vs Wanderlei… Some amazing knockouts no doubt.

Hendo almost went into orbit the second time.

This is slightly off-topic but one thing that's always puzzled me about Vitor was his belief in a Diety coupled with his low testosterone and subsequent TRT usage. Do these things not seem contradictory to him? Obviously God gave him low testosterone for a reason, a sign to change career paths maybe? Who knows? Anyway, Vitor taking TRT is either saying he knows better than God or he doesn't believe in him the way he says he does. I liked Vitor before he got all "young Lion, old dinosaur" on us but the dude just seems like a walking contradiction to me. He's similar to Jones in that regard, God this, God that, then lies, cheats and steals worse than most non-believers.
He's good at fooling himself like many religious folk.

Wins over Hendo post the Shogun fight arent relevant or impressive. He was shot in his mid 40s when he lost to Belfort.

They fought earlier in their careers and Hendo beat him when they were both young and in their primes

The integrity of Dan s chin had regressed a bit when Vitor fought him......however:
Prime Vitor > Prime Dan anyway

Underrated? I hear and see all the time how great he was. Thats the main point though. WAS.

And then he choked on his juice when he got his shot against Weidman for the strap.
No Weidman waited long enough for him to be off it.

We all know TRT kills Weidman, which is funny because since usada came in Weidman is what 2-3?

Hendo was way past prime, so those wins don't mean too much.

The integrity of Dan s chin had regressed a bit when Vitor fought him......however:
Prime Vitor > Prime Dan anyway
What? They fought in their primes and Hendo won. Hendo also has a better resume.

I see people already forgot the year 2013 TRT Mohawk Belfort. It doesn't matter how old or past his prime Hendo was - nobody was winning vs that Belfort at mw. Of course the lifespan of that fighter was very short and since the arrival of USADA we might not see such a scenario when out of prime legend makes a run for the title in such a manner. But damn was it easy money with Belfort in Brazil that year.

Here's poor Hendo flying around.

80defe6f3d9c3b41676bf4fc7f3ffc33.gif

And then he choked on his juice when he got his shot against Weidman for the strap.

You're misremembering. He wasn't allowed TRT for that which is why he looked like shit.

This is slightly off-topic but one thing that's always puzzled me about Vitor was his belief in a Diety coupled with his low testosterone and subsequent TRT usage. Do these things not seem contradictory to him? Obviously God gave him low testosterone for a reason, a sign to change career paths maybe? Who knows? Anyway, Vitor taking TRT is either saying he knows better than God or he doesn't believe in him the way he says he does. I liked Vitor before he got all "young Lion, old dinosaur" on us but the dude just seems like a walking contradiction to me. He's similar to Jones in that regard, God this, God that, then lies, cheats and steals worse than most non-believers.
Vitor is clearly nuts. He makes jones seem sane. If jones hung around as long as vitor he could turn out like that.

What? They fought in their primes and Hendo won. Hendo also has a better resume.
That was a close wrestle-fest----and that doesn't make Dan better. It's definitely debatable...its just my opinion. Close.
....and I certainly have no bias cause I'm a Mousasi guy Vitor was avoiding the guy for 7 years but I respect belfort (the way he fights-- Dan too for that matter)

belfort is trash. lost to many big named elite fighters. Yea he won some because he was juiced to the tits. what happened when he went off it? yea thought so. Hendo beat him in his prime anyway. Hendo was like 42 when he lost to shitfort.
Heported

Vitor doesn’t need any reminders of how great he was, everybody knows he was one of the greatest KO artists in mma history and he is a legend of the sport.
He's lucky he never fought Sonnen,he would get embarassed just like against Weidman

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back