*Reminder* 41 year old 2 Day notice Silva performed better vs DC than HW champ Stipe did.

Please define 2 days notice.

I think the fact it was a non-title short notice fight meant that DC really wanted to play it safe, would have been a real mess if he took a risk and got KO'd.

Lmao neutralized DC's stop game.

I thought it was obvious that DC didn't want to seriously hurt him as a thank you for taking the fight.

It is extremely obvious that both took it easy. Only dummies like @Njmma209 and @Redhawks100 don’t see it.

This thread is dumb.

Last edited:
Do people actually watch fights?

Silva was never winning at any point during that match; he was never fighting to win; he was simply trying to survive. His whole plan was just to stall DC out and avoid getting stopped. Precisely because he knew it would lead to people (like the OP) thinking he did a good job for not losing rather than trying to win (because he knew if he did open up and actually try to win, he would probably have gotten stopped).

Stipe was actually taking the fight to Cormier, out-landing him in neutral and beating him up against the cage from the opening bell. Up until the fateful exchange, it was looking like DC was barely managing to stay even and competitive in there, and if that same pace continued it was looking like he'd probably start inevitably breaking down as the rounds go on. But he kept his head cool, and eyes open for an opportunity, and took that shot on the clinch break, having done his homework before hand to know Stipe had a habit of not striking on the break.

The fact that the fights were different lengths is one of those things that people who don't understand and just look at results on wikipedia will get misled by.

Zero training camp or sparring for Silva and he was at least 30lbs lighter than DC was in the cage. Risked his health to help save the ufc 200 main card.

Got taken down by DC but completely neutralized DCs top game and avoided damage.

Stood toe to toe in the pocket with a 15-0 HW with legit KO power. Managed to visibly hurt DC with a body kick in round 3. Really the only guy to visibly hurt DC beside Jon Jones.
View attachment 422403

Meanwhile the longest reigning 3 time defending HW champion Stipe Miocic got KO’d inside one round. Makes Silva’s short notice performance that much more impressive. Imagine Prime Silva vs DC in a 5 round fight.. would’ve been amazing.
<{silvanormal}>

DC definitely had a different strategy for each fight. Can't really compare...but I agree Silva did ok considering the circumstances.

Reminder: Anderson fans still desperate for a win they celebrate his losses

Others have hurt DC but that kick was vicious.

Sherdoggers will say that DC “took it easy on him” because the they claimed DC would knock him out in a round but they can’t admit to being wrong.
We're people actually saying that? I knew that DC was just gonna wrestle fuck Silva

Stipe is a bum and needs to go back to hanging up on his wife while and he and his slobbo buddies think it's the most hilarious thing ever.

You know he doesn't get enough shit for that

It wasn't even funny the 1st time, but I was willing to let it fly

The 6th time.. I'm like ... lost for words

You know he doesn't get enough shit for that

It wasn't even funny the 1st time, but I was willing to let it fly

The 6th time.. I'm like ... lost for words
oh he does that constantly? I didn't see it once. maybe because I skip his parts on embedded

how would be DC going hard? he doesn't have that great of a gnp and anderson isn't easy to gnp. he's not rumble

Even if you don't watch the fight, DC is an UNDEFEATED fighter at heavyweight and only "lost" to a roided up Jon Jones. He has subbed and Koed HWs and LHWs. You think he would have any trouble with Anderson Silva, who roided to fight middleweights and lightweights? Please.

Now watch the fight, if you don't think it's a glorified sparring session, you are dumb. Period.

A nice clean shot that was practiced all camp. This is why I don't fault Ortega for passing on the fight when Holloway dropped.
I don't know if you're implying that I'm calling it a dumb fluke or something, I am definitely not, I'm just saying there's a ton of risks standing with anyone.

oh he does that constantly? I didn't see it once. maybe because I skip his parts on embedded

I've seen it numerous times and it hurts every time

Back