Remembering Jon Jones loss!!!

Perfecto

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I'm suprised nobody talks about when Jon Jones was outsmarted by Matt Hamill. Matt Hamill used the smart tactic of the Ali rope a dope by allowing Jon Jones to take him down, even though Hamill was an olympic alternate. And Hamill knowing Jon Jones is a big cheater, allowed Jones to continually elbow him, knowing that Jones would use illegal elbows, since he cheats in most of his matches, and making sure the ref couldnt turn a blind eye.

In my opinion that was an amazing strategy by Matt Hamill and a dominating win in my opinion. I wonder why noone else has tried that tactic, or why Matt Hamill doesn't get his rematch, because he is the one guy to completely outsmart and outclass Jones.

I don't think anyone's in the mood for this, on either side.

I thought JBJ was going to literally kill Hamill during that fight. It should have been stopped long before it was -- Jones is a monster.

While is was upset with JOnes' 1 loss despite he wont he fight, I'm ok with that now after Gustaffson fight.

I thought JBJ was going to literally kill Hamill during that fight. It should have been stopped long before it was -- Jones is a monster.

What!!!!!!!THe guy lost the fight....Jones was outclassed in every way.

thread needs more beef action!

Actually Hamill tricked Jones into believing that 12-6 elbows are legal.

Sonnen almost pulled off the Hamill trick by rope a doping Jones then breaking his toe....If the first round would have ended, Jones wouldnt have been able to continue and Sonnen would be champ.

Hamill needs a title shot, shit they gave Cheal one so why not

What happened to the Don Fry thread where he said Obama is not American?

Matt Hamill def. Jon Jones

TKO (rulebook) 1 (4:14)

Matt Hamill def. Jon Jones

TKO (rulebook) 1 (4:14)

See....Jon Jones was cheating even before he was champion...Its just the eye poke is something he learned after getting the belt. I think Brock Lesnar taught him the eye poke from his WWE days.

See....Jon Jones was cheating even before he was champion...Its just the eye poke is something he learned after getting the belt. I think Brock Lesnar taught him the eye poke from his WWE days.

Nah. He does it too well. Obviously learned it from Ric Flair.

I'm not even a coach but honestly, if you watch enough video of Jones is fucking EASY to figure out that strategy. Hamill and his team did and it worked, flawlessly.

The strategy actually has a name. It's called "The Stigmata Defense" and the basic premise is to lie on the ground and get elbowed until your eyes bleed.

HamillJonesstoppage.jpg

Back