Remember?

I remember when this was the shit. Also, dollar cheeseburgers for mcdonalds, max you could order was 10. I would order 10 and live on them for 2 days in my early 20s.

I remember when Mac Donald's hamburgers were .25 and Henry's Hamburgers sold theirs 5 for a dollar.

When I was a kid there was a monster movie show on teevee... Saturdays? ... called the Creature Feature, I saw all the best, classic, super cheesy b-movie monster flicks on that show.
Yeah, Creature Double Feature was on Saturday morning. I used to watch that until wrestling became huge, then it was World Class Championship Wrestling at 10 a.m. followed by WWF at 11.

Man as I get older it nostalgia is really starting to hit me hard.

Sometimes it seems like the past was just some weird dream.

Doesn't help that a lot of the friends I had growing up are either dead or really not living a good life (lost touch).

Also

Going to the video store was awesome.

Remember the strong push in the 90s to help the environment?

latest
Did you get "Widget the the world watcher" in tne US

Also, remember a time when the summers were not fucking smoke filled days from all the forrest fires - that will get worse and are becoming the norm.

Remember when your bitch was trippin calling you up on the phone and then hang up real fast and you'd have to *69 to make sure, yeah, YOU KNEW bitch was trippin.

Because of the Yellow card Icannot post a thread.

Just found out that a cousin of mine has overdosed. I'm just leaving now to drive 2hrs to see her mom.

We grew apart in the past few years and with my sobriety (two full years of no alcohol this past July 31). I have lost touch with many friends and cousins who are still in to drinking and drugs.

I guess I remember when we were young and the only thing you had to worry about was having enough money to buy a case of beer and whose house you could crash at.

Does anyone remember the captain power toys? They were awesome for the time, always wanted one but never got one. You would have a spaceship that you would shoot at the cartoon that was on the tv and sometimes your ship would blow up. Seemed like a cool thing at the time.
Captain-Power.jpg

Remember jorts, or shpants as they were also called? (Kevin Smith)

Remember lawn darts?

Remember playing LP's and knowing every pop and hiss, every speed or warp warble?

Zombies Ate my Neighbors
Salute Your Shorts
Brisco County Jr

I can vividly remember the roller rink. It was circa 1983-84. I Was 12-13. Friday night my Dad would drop off me and some friends. We would get our skates on. Play some Defender or Dig DUG. Get an icee and wait for chicks to show up. We would all skate crazy to Cum On Feel The Noise by Quiet Riot. Then to Electric Avenue by Eddie Grant. But then a slow jam would come on and it was time to ask a girl to skate with you. You would hold her hand and skate to New Edition or Michael Jackson. Then try to get her to make out. What a great fucking time to grow up. I can actually remember the smell of Trident and hairspray lol.
The early 80s had such a great mix of music...rock, pop, synth,, hair metal, it was a true mix. Rap was just starting.

Songs/Bands I remember from the Rink:
Pass the Dutchie
Say Say Say
Ebony and Ivory
Human League
Def Lep
Devo
Laura Brannigan-Gloria, Self Control
Billy Joel
Fame

When tvs had dials to change the channel
When we thought the government knew best
When nature was natural
When children were forced to play outside unsupervised until dinner time...

I can vividly remember the roller rink. It was circa 1983-84. I Was 12-13. Friday night my Dad would drop off me and some friends. We would get our skates on. Play some Defender or Dig DUG. Get an icee and wait for chicks to show up. We would all skate crazy to Cum On Feel The Noise by Quiet Riot. Then to Electric Avenue by Eddie Grant. But then a slow jam would come on and it was time to ask a girl to skate with you. You would hold her hand and skate to New Edition or Michael Jackson. Then try to get her to make out. What a great fucking time to grow up. I can actually remember the smell of Trident and hairspray lol.
The early 80s had such a great mix of music...rock, pop, synth,, hair metal, it was a true mix. Rap was just starting.

Pass the Dutchie
Say Say Say
Ebony and Ivory
Human League
Def Lep
Devo
Billy Joel
Fame
All your favorites on one special two record set, with songs by Devo, Cutting Crew, and Haircut 100.
Order yours today!

Pass the Dutchie
Say Say Say
Ebony and Ivory
Human League
Def Lep
Devo
Billy Joel
Fame
Nicely fleshed out memories there, i had quite similar experiences

Back