Remember when Tyron Woodley was ducking challengers?

Not A Real Fan

Deep State Agent assigned to monitor Sherdog
Banned
Reaction score
Sorry, I misspoke.

What I meant to say is that I remember shertards saying The Chosen One was ducking everybody.

I remember him defending the title three times in his first year as champ. He was the most defendingest champ during that time period yet shertards were writing this narrative on how he was ducking people. And after coming back from an injury, totally destroying absentee father Darren Till.

I cant wait to see who Tyron will "duck" and beat next.

are we going to pretend he wasn't trying to fight nate fucking diaz for like 6 months?

edit: lol @ his title defenses

4 week camp maia and a draw against wonderboy. wow, real amazing defences.

are we going to pretend he wasn't trying to fight nate fucking diaz for like 6 months?

You know draws doesn’t count as title defenses right?

He ducked Colby Covington.

Oh, wait. No he didn't.

Because he would always complain about having to fight contenders instead of being awarded "money-fights"

Love how badly he triggers these fkin cornballs lmfao War Tyron

In other words, he did not duck them.

If TJ defends against Dominick Cruz, does that mean he is ducking Marlon Moraes, Raphael Asuncao, and every other challenger calling him out? You can only defend against one challenger at a time and on average every six months.

This is the real duck
492563.jpg

Let's not pretend that this didn't happen. I mean he ultimately fought him but it's understandable why the fans felt like this at the time.

Most of his defenses have been snore-fests, but I don't recall folks calling him a duck tbh.

He has taken on all of the top challengers. Whether fans have an issue with him or not, he's one of the most solid champs in recent times, especially in this era of diva / non-defending champs.

You know draws doesn’t count as title defenses right?

Question : did he lose the fight i. e. the title?

No, so in drawing he succesfully defended his title.

Simple facts mate

In other words, he did not duck them.

If TJ defends against Dominick Cruz, does that mean he is ducking Marlon Moraes, Raphael Asuncao, and every other challenger calling him out? You can only defend against one challenger at a time and on average every six months.
Yes, it does mean he is ducking them.

Just like in GSP's case. He accepted the fight with Bisping, so he ducked Woodley, Silva, Whittaker, Romero and Hendricks.

If he accepts a fight with Woodley, he is ducking Khabib, Conor, Whittaker, Romero, Rockhold, etc.

If GSP fights anyone, he is ducking someone. The entire story of his career since like 2009.

Before Hendricks - ZOMG he ducking Nick Diaz! WHERE YOU AT GEORGES

Makes Diaz look like a little child in there with him - ZOMG HE DUCKING HENDRICKS BREHS! ZOMG ZOMG!

TLDR: Who cares what dummies here think?

Let's not pretend that this didn't happen. I mean he ultimately fought him but it's understandable why the fans felt like this at the time.

Tyron literally won the title that day! Was he suppose to defend the title the following day?

He eventually defended the title against Wonderboy four months later. Tyron sucks at ducking.

This is the video right here where he literally shot himself in the foot with both fans and Dana White. Guy is the champ for all of 20 minutes and he was calling out Nick Diaz, a suspended retired fighter, for a money fight. He clearly wanted to duck the challengers at that time and Dana shut him down.

He defended the title against Wonderboy for months winning the title.

Tyron sucks at ducking.

Oddly worded but I think I know what you're trying to say. My point is, you can't blame the fans at the time for how they felt given what Woodley was saying. He definitely would have fought Nick if he could have.

Back