Remember when Tito used to call out fighters after a win?

EricaLovesUFC

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
And they would emerge from the crowd and step into the octagon with him?

Would you like to see more of that, or do you think its too WWE?

It's been a while since I can remember Tito winning, did he end up going to Bonnars bbq for some turd burgers ?

Rampage calling out Wand and Wand jumping in to the ring was really cool

I do wish they would do this more. The whole "I will fight whoever the UFC puts in front of me" thing is boring. The call out and emerge from the crowd thing is way more fun, even if predetermined.

To me it is only awesome if it is genuine. I know it has to be set up to some degree...but the best are when it just naturally happens.

I always enjoyed that aspect. That was a magical time in UFC history when #1 contenders earned their shots and the UFC didnt have to play with calculators for months after title fights to determine who is mathematically the most lucrative contender. Good times.

Not really. I dont mind bringing fighters in the cage for a potential quip battle. Like GSP/Hughes. For as awkward as GSP sounded saying "i waz not imprezzed by yer berformance" it was genuine..and the crowd responded like he said Matt Hughes played ball like a girl.

Not when there is some obviously agreed upon confrontation. Canned beef cheapens things.

I liked it, but unfortunately, you gotta watch out who calls who out. If it's a Diaz, we all know what happens.

I used to like how tito would put on his custom smack talk shirts after he won. OG s#!+

And they would emerge from the crowd and step into the octagon with him?

Would you like to see more of that, or do you think its too WWE?

Sure. Nothing wrong with a little showmanship.

Back