Remember when "they hate us for our freedom" was mocked?

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
Maybe some attacks.

Like the recent Germany stabbing that happened because of what women and her daughters were wearing. Is that a hate our freedom/culture? Idk I'm not sure but stories like that read to me that way.

There's an Islamic funeral parlour over the road from a McDonald's restaurant not far from me and everytime I pass it I can't help but think to myself... man I hope that place gets a ton of business.

There's an Islamic funeral parlour over the road from a McDonald's restaurant not far from me and everytime I pass it I can't help but think to myself... man I hope that place gets a ton of business.
Wow.

Buying Haterade in bulk these days?

It's ironic how it's the religious right that hate Islam the most. At this point I'm starting to think it's nothing more than a hellbent religious feud. Like the good ol' times. Are you guys even aware how Christianity has reached South America, Africa, Asia and Europe? Spoiler: It wasn't due to Christian generosity. Remember when Ann suggested America convert Iraqis after bombing the shit out of them? Good thing the Christian axis checked her on it instead of cheering her on... oh wait.

Let's 100% ignore history, geopolitics and jot it down as 'jealous of freedoms'.

It has nothing to do with hate.

You have land money and women and in Islam, they take that. That's just how it is.

The revenge for colonialism is absolutely absurd seeing as much of the area (Anatolia, Levant) was essentially considered part of Europe pre-Islam and the Muslim powers were still stomping out native peoples when French etc rolled in.

The freedom argument has a tiny smidgen of truth to it because many of the things we call "freedom" (LGBT movement, open borders, etc.) they identify as either indications of a dying/weak culture or security vulnerabilities. Also factor in that most foiled terror suspects in Europe get a slap on the wrist and a free apartment. Quite a mouthwatering target. However, it has nothing to do with hate. Just opportunity.

It's ironic how it's the religious right that hate Islam the most. At this point I'm starting to think it's nothing more than a hellbent religious feud. Like the good ol' times. Are you guys even aware how Christianity has reached South America, Africa, Asia and Europe? Spoiler: It wasn't due to Christian generosity. Remember when Ann suggested America convert Iraqis after bombing the shit out of them? Good thing the Christian axis checked her on it instead of cheering her on... oh wait.

Let's 100% ignore history, geopolitics and jot it down as 'jealous of freedoms'.

The Christian right is more like the Christian center. It even comes down to sect (most Catholics being liberals). I think this is an illusion of convenience for young people to cluster everything they find oppressive into one exaggerated group.

I can tell you as someone on the hard right wing that we are overwhelmingly non-religious. Maybe 90%.

Well they murdered the newspaper people for drawing their prophet. That was a freedom they definitely didn't like.

Also they hate that women are free to wear whatever they want and are first class citizens.

There is some merit to the argument. They definitely resent us for certain freedoms that go against their religion.

I thought they hated us for helping Israel, and sticking our noses where it dont belong. Maybe they blame our freedom loving ways for making us reckless, and arrogant enough to go screwing with other people.

The Christian right is more like the Christian center. It even comes down to sect (most Catholics being liberals). I think this is an illusion of convenience for young people to cluster everything they find oppressive into one exaggerated group.

I can tell you as someone on the hard right wing that we are overwhelmingly non-religious. Maybe 90%.

They're most certainly right wing. The 'hard right' makes up a relatively small portion of the voter base, it's the Christian 'center' that shows to the booth in numbers when they're needed. Although you are correct that it comes down to sect. Catholics are fiscally more liberal than other Christian groups and vote marginally liberal iirc. They are also far less in numbers than Evangelicals who are pretty much the backbone of the right and are fairly right on the spectrum. At the end of the day it doesn't matter because Christianity is what keeps the right together. I've argued with many Catholics about minimum wage, social nets, universal healthcare etc. they tend to argue in favor of it, but at the end of the day a lot of them vote red because abortion and homos.

Their angry because arab women have such hairy santches. id be mad too.
that is patently false. Arabs have been shaving since forever. Its only recently that the western world started doing that, unfortunately.

Was? It still is.

By now most ppl kinda accepted that it was an excuse to go to war in Iraq n justify the military presence in Middle East.

The prophet Muhammad was a warlord and Muslims have attacked Christian land since his time. They have attacked Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, Zoroasts as well throughout history.

Do you think Muslim terror groups care whether you are a Christian or an Atheist?

They wouldnt give a rats about your freedom if they were left alone in the first place. Greedy westerners started all of this
So you conveniently choose to ignore the history of how Islam spread in the first place? Hint: it wasn't by peace.

They wouldnt give a rats about your freedom if they were left alone in the first place. Greedy westerners started all of this
Damn you greedy Nubians, why didn't you leave the Muslims alone so they wouldn't be forced to invade your lands!

If you look at all the whinging a certain sort of right-whinger does on here about globalisation, politicised Islam (including, but not limited to, terrorism) is largely doing the exact same thing.
It's a reactionary development.

Well they murdered the newspaper people for drawing their prophet. That was a freedom they definitely didn't like.

Also they hate that women are free to wear whatever they want and are first class citizens.

There is some merit to the argument. They definitely resent us for certain freedoms that go against their religion.

Well when a black person kills a white parson n it racially motivated, does it change the fact that most resentment blacks have for whites is due to Slavery n racism towards blacks by whites?

Well when a black person kills a white parson n it racially motivated, does it change the fact that most resentment blacks have for whites is due to Slavery n racism towards blacks by whites?
Most of the African slaves were bought by Arabs. So how come black people don't hate Arabs more than whites? Especially considering that Arabs are far more racist toward blacks than white are..

Back