Remember when Shergoofs actually thought Alvarez was a “bad match up” for Khabib?

Eddie is probably the most underwhelming fighter to win a title in recent years. His time in the ufc was completely mediocre and I still feel RDA beats him 9/10 times.

Since when did Khabib have the striking and power to put away Justin.

Alvarez is also a stylistically difficult fight for Khabib, so is Justin.

>Alvarez

The guy who just got knocked out by some NOBODY from One FC

<36>
Timofey-Nastyukhin-DC-6382.jpg

Styles make fights. Khabib has fought mostly strikers.

>Alvarez

The guy who just got knocked out by some NOBODY from One FC

<36>
Timofey-Nastyukhin-DC-6382.jpg

Goes to show those fellas at One are legit. Just because they dont fight in the UFC, doesnt mean they nobodies.

Fix up child.

Nobody is saying Justin is 100% going to beat Khabib, it's just a good fight stylistically. Wrestler with great pressure, cardio, and power vs Khabib

Also, I just love how you have to write every single one of your posts in bold font to be a hipster.
Lmfao he quit posting in bold when you called him out.
Insecure

What happened after he got the TD? Oh...he stood right back up

{<jordan}

What if he does that against Khabib for 5 rounds? Scrambles back to his feet each time

>Comparing Poiriers grappling to Khabibs

Christian-Bale-Laughing-at-Awards-Show.gif

“NCAA All American Poirier”

ImmaterialSatisfiedGoose-size_restricted.gif
That is a fair example of something that Khabib could perhaps do, but I will say as a former wrestler, I'd more so give credence to Gaethje's wrestling background on this gif that discredit him. He showed good hips in this transition and I feel that the entry to the takedown after causing Gaethje to get his hands up had more to do with the takedown than the actual takedown.

I won't deny, however, that no one has exactly tested his wrestling chops for a while and it is worth discussing how good his defensive wrestling translates into MMA.

Last edited:
Khabib doesn't have the power to put Gaethje away.
Khabib has the "power" to put anyone away with a kimura or RNC, but it doesn't mean the fight is going to be safe or easy for him.

Stylistically. To beat Khabib they need to avoid the ground and have aggression and KO power on the feet. Don't have to be the most technical, it's not needed against a rudimentary striker like Khabib.

So you go down the list of LW's who could possibly do this, and the list is short. Conor and Tony both get taken down, controlled and beat down. Barboza's a kicker, made it tougher. Al and Lee are too timid standing up. Then you have aggressive brawlers with power who can get up from the bottom, Alvarez and Gaethje.

I like Felder, but my god he was thirsty for Gaethje in the post fight coverage.

Not really. Super respectful call out and Paul got embarrassed, turned red, because Justin is a straight shooter who didnt even wanna talk about it but the rest of the broadcast team pushed on.

Not really. Super respectful call out and Paul got embarrassed, turned red, because Justin is a straight shooter who didnt even wanna talk about it but the rest of the broadcast team pushed on.
It was a bad look IMO

Stylistically. To beat Khabib they need to avoid the ground and have aggression and KO power on the feet. Don't have to be the most technical, it's not needed against a rudimentary striker like Khabib.

So you go down the list of LW's who could possibly do this, and the list is short. Conor and Tony both get taken down, controlled and beat down. Barboza's a kicker, made it tougher. Al and Lee are too timid standing up. Then you have aggressive brawlers with power who can get up from the bottom, Alvarez and Gaethje.

Alot of this. But really we've watched wrestlers lose before. Itll be another wrestler that beats Khabib IMHO. Put him on his back or take his back in a scramble. No fear. Probably a Brazilian

I like Felder, but my god he was thirsty for Gaethje in the post fight coverage.

Last night? I turned it off at 1am soon as fight ended. Started watching late because DVR cable is best way to watch TV

Back