Remember when Rumble's "hypetrain" was "derailed" by Koscheck? Perry might be fine

One big difference though. Well several really.

Rumble was a rising contender fighting another contender, and happened to lose. He had legitimate skills and promising future.

Perry got his first shot at a gatekeeper to the rankings and lost. He is one dimensional and untested in his department of expertise against any high level talent, so his hype is 100% unwarranted.

Typical sherdog. You lose once and your career is over.

It was an abysmal performance for sure. If he is a true fighter he will take the embarrassing feeling he has tonight, learn from it, and fix his mistakes.

He has alot to work to do.
Agreed. No one would deny he needs to get better.

He will likely improve rayher than stagnate, but you never know.

Will he ever contend though? Probably not, but it's silly to say for sure he will never contend. It's quite possible he will be a contender one day.

It's not impossible that he improves and becomes a top guy one day, but it's unlikely.
Oh I agree it's unlikely.

But people go too far on the negative side. They don't say "it's unlikely". They write him off altogether.

I was rooting for Jouban.

That said, Perry is still going to be a handful, especially for orthodox opponents.

Jouban used his length and distance control really well, there are a lot of guys who can't manage to make that long fighting style work.

I agree with TS, this isn't some death-knell for PMP. I don't mind at all that Jouban has given Sherdog PMP swingers a little reality check. That hype was not even fair to PMP. Support is great but it's a really long fall from the #PlatinumBless pedestal.

Back