Remember when Rumble's "hypetrain" was "derailed" by Koscheck? Perry might be fine

Fyreborn

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I was rooting for Jouban. I don't give a crap about Perry. But I am annoyed how people are already dismissing him, like he will never be anything.

I remember well the same shit happening with Rumble - who I *was* a fan of. When he lost to Koscheck, haters celebrated that his so-called "hypetrain" was supposedly "derailed".

They acted like the career of this young fighter was pretty much over. That he'd never amount to shit.

Well haters, look at Rumble now.

Perry is young too. He will probably be just fine. Or, maybe he will be Brandon Thatch and tank. We can't know. But let's not write him off yet.

It's like people never learn from history. You do NOT write off young fighters when they lose. Perry is only 25. Give him a few more fights at least before you write him off.

But Perry didnt cut over 100 pounds to become a WW skeleton

Perry at LHW would be a fat bastard

He'd be Jingle Belly

Not Rumble

This fight showed Perry's limitations. I don't see those changing anytime soon.

RMBR when Rumble got dropped TWICE

by an unranked journeyman?

Me neither.

<{MingNope}><{MingNope}><{MingNope}>

9mhtlVo.gif

9mhtlVo.gif

9mhtlVo.gif

bHAGHAHAHAHAHA

2 ppl comparing Mike Perry to Conor and now Rumble.

Both Rumble and Mcgregor are 10x the fighter Mike Perry is.

Rumble got beat by a high level wrestler...Pewter Perry got knocked stiff by a high level model...there no coming back from that

I have no doubt that Platinum will come back at LHW with a giant head

He got dominated in the department that is supposed to be his main strength, striking. It's not the same as a dominant striker getting out wrestled or a high level elite fighter getting caught by a lucky punch from a less skilled fighter. He got pieced up for pretty much that whole fight and Jouban left no doubt that he is the better fighter. Is it really so hard to just admit that Perry wasn't as good as you thought he was?

PMP didn't look great in the fight but with a bit of polish I know Platinum can shine bright again.

Tin foil perry doesn't have the chin for LHW, not even for a male model at 170.

9mhtlVo.gif

C'mon dude, it's just a trigger thing to pissed off shertards

Rumble got beat by a high level wrestler...Pewter Perry got knocked stiff by a high level model...there no coming back from that
Hey man.. Unless he moves up two weight classes apparently... ww skeleton rumble would murk perry

Typical sherdog. You lose once and your career is over.

It was an abysmal performance for sure. If he is a true fighter he will take the embarrassing feeling he has tonight, learn from it, and fix his mistakes.

He has alot to work to do.

It was an abysmal performance for sure. If he is a true fighter he will take the embarrassing feeling he has tonight, learn from it, and fix his mistakes.

"We'll get to the bottom of this"

I agree with this, and him eating that final crappy cartwheel kick at the end was just depressing. I've been saying this for awhile, the welterweight top 50 is stacked so I don't mind who he is matched up with next.

He got dominated in the department that is supposed to be his main strength, striking. It's not the same as a dominant striker getting out wrestled or a high level elite fighter getting caught by a lucky punch from a less skilled fighter. He got pieced up for pretty much that whole fight and Jouban left no doubt that he is the better fighter. Is it really so hard to just admit that Perry wasn't as good as you thought he was?
Who said I thought he was good? I'm no Perry fan as I said in my OP. I thought this was a pick-em fight.

I'm not in the least surprised Jouban won.

My point is that young fighters IMPROVE. They get better usually. Odds are high that Perry has not yet peaked.

One's career doesn't get ended by a single defeat. People are being way too negative.

Why? Because they fail to learn from history. Even when history is pointed out to me them!

People had a million reasons why Rumble would never live up to the "hype" after Koscheck beat him. Or do you not remember that part?

Who said I thought he was good? I'm no Perry fan as I said in my OP. I thought this was a pick-em fight.

I'm not in the least surprised Jouban won.

My point is that young fighters IMPROVE. They get better usually. Odds are high that Perry has not yet peaked.

One's career doesn't get ended by a single defeat. People are being way too negative.

Why? Because they fail to learn from history. Even when history is pointed out to me them!

People had a million reasons why Rumble would never live up to the "hype" after Koscheck beat him. Or do you not remember that part?

It's not impossible that he improves and becomes a top guy one day, but it's unlikely.

Back