Remember when Ronda could beat "anyone"?

GrantB13

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Even the undefeated Floyd Mayweather and KO him?

Let this be a lesson to anyone who tries to hype shit up beyond fucking belief. This has got to be one of the biggest examples of people being so wrong about someone's abilities that it's downright embarrassing. How could people honestly say that she could beat up pro boxers and NFL players or Velasquez. Just sad.

Here's the thing about that shit: A LOT of people were agreeing! smh
I mean, not the Cain stuff. Even the really dumb could see that was ridiculous. But a lot of people, I think Dana White included, were giving analysis on how Floyd would stand no chance against Rousey. It was such a ridiculous notion, that a woman could beat up an all-time great (of a 100-year old sport) boxer.

I think a lot of it comes down to how the entertainment industry, especially Hollywood, portrays women as always kicking ass and taking names, just as capable as any man, who are themselves often portrayed as bumbling, dumb weaklings by comparison.

People watch this and think it's real, then tie this is in with modern men often being feminized, brainwashed pussies who have who have no clue about fighting, and they then go as far as applying this to combat sports which is how you end up with absurd bullshit like Rousey beating Mayweather/male bantamweights etc.

It's pathetic that she believed the shitty hype job on top of her.
Now she has another HUGE humple pie to swallow.

"oh she'll just grab his arms when he punches like the movies!!!"

Yeah, the idea that she could beat up men was so fucking retarded lol. Anyone who was ever on board for that should just quit posting

Back