remember when Rampage use to slam guys

Baseless fighter bashing.

Be careful you may get a yellow card for that baseless blanket statement

I never got how this is fighter bashing.

PRIDE was okay with PEDs. So it's not like Rampage was cheating if he was on them.

The Arona slam was the best, but this one was great too.

main-qimg-7b0898bb928ed85d963efb5ad4a7a38b

Igor is my favorite fighter so it hurt to see Rampage do him like that but those were some crazy slams also
JCBlCXv.gif

He’s always had that incredible core strength.

CQ0g.gif

Kind of throws the steroid argument out the window.

Also shows there's alot of guys where rampage grew up who are probably pretty strong.

I never got how this is fighter bashing.

PRIDE was okay with PEDs. So it's not like Rampage was cheating if he was on them.
But how do you know he was on them?

UFC has let guys fight with failed tests: example Brock or jones (who they moved the event from one state to another just to get sanctioned) does that mean I should make blanket statements about UFC letting it’s favorites roid all the time?

Well he was a TRT guy... so he was taking steroids post Pride for a condition that is closely associated with steroid abuse. But yes he did take steroids during his career by his own admission. TRT is test.
Jackson didn't start using TRT until just before the Bader fight in 2012, when he was approaching his mid-30's, and six years after he'd last fought in Pride; trying to make it seem like Jackson was using TRT as soon as he stopped fighting in Japan is nothing more than a disingenuous attempt to connect those two events.

The only evidence I can offer on his behalf, is look how their transitions went when they got to the UFC.

Rampage didn’t look like he lost a step.
What people don't realize is that PEDs were just as easy to use in the UFC as they were in Pride up until 2014-2015, so the rationale that because a fighter looked better/worse/similar once they fought in the UFC as being indicative of either PED abuse or no PED use is faulty.

PEDs are often better for performance with a 10 day taper, which was plenty of time to pass the (cheap) scheduled drug tests that the commissions were issuing; NSAC started doing random tests with USADA in 2014, but those only covered from the time a fighter applied for a license till post-fight (so a fighter could hold off applying for a license till they'd cycled off PEDs) and effective drug testing didn't really become a thing until the UFC-USADA partnership.

yeah, but how many times have you seen a high schooler legitimately powerbomb another dude in his weight class? steroids or not that's a rare kind of brute strength Rampage possesses.
Frank Mir's daughter did this to a guy (whom I assume is in her weight class):
r8K0rE.gif

There's still not any proof of him taking steroids prior though, that's just him taking testosterone therapy which "could" be for a multitude of reasons, I get what you're saying but TRT isn't a steroid and was legal at one point, it shouldn't have been but it was unfortunately, we're all assuming who was on it in Pride and who wasn't.
TRT is literally a steroid.

And I think steroids should be allowed.
We all have assholes. Opinions n stuff.

Jackson didn't start using TRT until just before the Bader fight in 2012, when he was approaching his mid-30's, and six years after he'd last fought in Pride; trying to make it seem like Jackson was using TRT as soon as he stopped fighting in Japan is nothing more than a disingenuous attempt to connect those two events.

I simply was defending my point that it is not without a basis to make the suggestion.

Most guys don't need TRT in their mid-30's. And acting like TRT isn't a red flag that raises questions about a fighters past drug usage when there was no testing is also disingenuous. Furthermore, a clean fighter who never used probably wouldn't even get their bloodwork done to see if they qualify for TRT. Everyone knew what TRT was and is, a loophole to use so you could keep your test levels up as you age. But it is and simply was, using steroids. Also, PRIDE encouraged steroids by explicitly saying it would not test for them. That's a lot of smoke.

I'm not saying he was on steroids, I'm saying the pushback against the facts saying "that doesn't prove anything" is defending behavior we all know raises a lot of questions. No it is not proof of a fire, but it's hard to maintain that amount of smoke without fire.

Most guys don't need TRT in their mid-30's.
So what, Jackson couldn't have possibly been one of the minority who needed TRT in their mid-30's?

And acting like TRT isn't a red flag that raises questions about a fighters past drug usage when there was no testing is also disingenuous.
Your follow up conclusion is flawed given the above point I just made.

Furthermore, a clean fighter who never used probably wouldn't even get their blood work done to see if they qualify for TRT.
I'm not a fighter and I've never taken steroids, but even I get blood work done which by default includes a panel on my testosterone levels.

Everyone knew what TRT was and is, a loophole to use so you could keep your test levels up as you age.
You're using "loophole" wrong, because TRT was literally approved by commissions for fighters to keep their testosterone levels normal as they aged.

The loophole was fighters using the TRT exemption to abuse steroids and up their testosterones levels to prohibited amounts.

We don't have proof that Jackson used steroids when it was prohibited, nor do we have proof that Jackson raised his testosterone levels above the permitted amount when he received a TRT exemption, and trying to conclude otherwise based on assumption and leaps in logic is a flawed argument.

Pretty crazy Bader survived that. The slow mo version looks like he should have died lol
Yeah didn't realize how bad it actually was, his arm looked dangerously close to bending the wrong way.

Back