Remember when people on here thought Costa would destroy Izzy?

View attachment 869546
Absolutely funny in hindsight.

He then proceeded to turn up drunk and change what had made him a good match up for Izzy. He went toe to toe with Yoel and took a decision. No reason he couldn't have been more successful and had Izzy running backwards around the cage like Yoel did. Hindsight is a lovely thing.

In fairness it isn't like Israel looked good against Yoel while Costa went to war with him. But yeah, when it came to fighting for the belt that was one of the worst deer in headlights performances I've ever seen combined with a devastating performance by Israel.

Yeah I sadly bought into it and bet $250 on Costa jan and mathews even though I knew inside it was the wrong choice. Would have been like a $2500 payday if I had won. Pffff if.

I member. Costa even won the poll

9FaM1R8.jpg

<Lmaoo>

What I think is crazy that no1 ever talks about was how Costa flash koed Romero with that left hook in the 1st

In hindsight it should’ve been more obvious that the high level striker with most of his 100 fights being in kickboxing was going to outclass the mma fighter that uses kickboxing as his main weapon.

Back