Remember when not too long ago people were starting to mumble “Masvidal best boxer in UFC?

TBF he had stellar boxing for a while but something went wrong. His fundamentals used to be excellent in his 145 run.
Now his boxing is garbage. Off-balance, no weight transfer, very weird angles. He caught his last appanyents many times but it didn't do shit to them.
Conor is a good puncher, not a good boxer. Boxing is a different sport entirely and the only one I‘ve seen apply it to the highest levels is Petr Yan.

TBF he had stellar boxing for a while but something went wrong. His fundamentals used to be excellent in his 145 run.
Now his boxing is garbage. Off-balance, no weight transfer, very weird angles. He caught his last appanyents many times but it didn't do shit to them.
Conor boxing was shit all the time...he had a good counter Pull and thats it...

Masvidal has been and is still one of the best boxers in MMA. Just because Usman crushed him but good in his last shouldnt minimize Jorges boxing skills. Masvidal is not and never was " a truly elite" mmartist.
This is mma and Usman has and is becoming one of the sports pound for pounder.
Fight matrix tries to keep UFC bias out of their ranking / rating system. They have a good system in place ( which doesnt mean I or anyone should agree with everything) and prefer to read their monthly rank ( also USA today).

* they have 2 or 3 BMMA fighters in their top 15 pound for pound.... which I think is fair.

Boy did that get shut down quick

All because he finished the worst striker in UFC history + Till
The best boxer in the world at 170 would get ko'd by Usman in MMA due to takedown threat. Fucking noob.

He has underrated boxing but Wonderboy schooled him a long time ago

. Once upon a time people thought Sage Northcutt was a future GOAT and that GSP was afraid of Woodley lol.

Sherdog has a fascination with the male body. Sage had hype right out of the gate based solely on his looks.

I dislike Jorge and he’s overrated but his boxing is among the a tier in the ufc. Saying who has the best boxing is purely subjective.

Thats what a couple of wins in a row and a gimmick belt does to you.

You really think in a straight striking match Usman KOs Jorge?

Has history not told us how a wrestler can KO a striker with the fear of the TD.

Randleman vs Crocop anyone???

That's not really an apt comparison at all. Crocrop's best weapons were his kicks and yes you don't want to kick a wrestler.

Usman barely throws kicks and certainly doesn't rely on them for his striking. wrestlers like to catch a leg or change levels when a guy throws a kick but during boxing exchanges its a different thing entirely.

I doubt Usman would care if he didn't throw a single kick an entire fight.

You really think in a straight striking match Usman KOs Jorge?

Has history not told us how a wrestler can KO a striker with the fear of the TD.

Randleman vs Crocop anyone???

People here get so confused about boxing vs striking vs boxing in an mma match.

Masvidal is a good boxer and would do well in boxing as a sport IMO. Usman would not do well in boxing as a sport. Doesn't mean jack shit really when you are talking striking/boxing in an MMA match.

So now the lemmings turn around and say that Masvidal's boxing was always shit, not even top 20 in the UFC? Sherdorks gonna sherdork... like clockwork.

<LucyBless>

Back