Remember when McGregor ducked...

Yes, BJ would have. BJ would have fought Brock Lesnar. That's the kind of company Conor is in.
for 10-20M I think there are a few more guys that would do it, like Silva wouldn't have fought Cain for that kind of $?

... Edgar by taking a fight against the higher ranked Chad Mendes? For sure, if he took the fight against Edgar then he would have been ducking Mendes.

Then he ducked Edgar again by taking a fight against Rafael Dos Anjos, the champion of a higher, more competitive weightclass. Surely, had he taken the fight with Edgar then he'd be ducking Dos Anjos.

Now he's at it again by taking a fight against Nate Diaz and ducking Donald Cerrone and Khabib Nurmagomedov in the process. Of course, we all know that had he taken the fight against Cerrone or Khabib, he'd be ducking Diaz and the other.

He's such a duck.
Tell us what's really wrong. Are you ok?

... Edgar by taking a fight against the higher ranked Chad Mendes? For sure, if he took the fight against Edgar then he would have been ducking Mendes.

Then he ducked Edgar again by taking a fight against Rafael Dos Anjos, the champion of a higher, more competitive weightclass. Surely, had he taken the fight with Edgar then he'd be ducking Dos Anjos.

Now he's at it again by taking a fight against Nate Diaz and ducking Donald Cerrone and Khabib Nurmagomedov in the process. Of course, we all know that had he taken the fight against Cerrone or Khabib, he'd be ducking Diaz and the other.

He's such a duck.

Lets not forget that RDJ beat the snot out of Diaz and KTFO Cerrone, and Diaz beat the snot out of Cerrone.

So Conor is merely fighting the second best one of the group.

Why should Conor fight the guy who is 0-2 against Diaz and RDJ?

I don't think people are accusing Conor of ducking anybody.

I think they're are accusing the UFC of protecting him. Which is dumb, but different.

Not an opinion. It's how the actual rankings were at the time.
I'm not pulling that stuff out of my ass. Look it up.

Rankings are full of shit influenced by Dana. I trust Sherdoggers rankings than most the websites rankings.

I have bad news for you then ... Sherdog had Mendes also above Edgar ...
http://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/7/Sherdogs-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-88013

So? Chat just had a title fight against Mendes and lost it 6 months before gettting another title shot against Connor, with just a 1 fight win streak. Frankie proved to be just as good at Mendes or better during his time at FW and should have been given the title shot due to not having a title shot as recently as Mendes had. Its as simple as that. When you have two elite fighters working for a title shot you give it to the one who hasnt lost recently which was Frankie. Also Frankie was on a much higher win streak.

Like I said only Mcgregor fans believe Mendes deserved the title shot instead of Frankie.

So? Chat just had a title fight against Mendes and lost it 6 months before gettting another title shot against Connor, with just a 1 fight win streak. Frankie proved to be just as good at Mendes or better during his time at FW and should have been given the title shot due to not having a title shot as recently as Mendes had. Its as simple as that. When you have two elite fighters working for a title shot you give it to the one who hasnt lost recently which was Frankie. Also Frankie was on a much higher win streak.

Like I said only Mcgregor fans believe Mendes deserved the title shot instead of Frankie.

What can I say, Sherdog had him #1, UFC rankings had him #1, and that thread you made backfired on you, because the majority was saying that there was no reason to have Mendes not be #1.

What can I say, Sherdog had him #1, UFC rankings had him #1, and that thread you made backfired on you, because the majority was saying that there was no reason to have Mendes not be #1.

Youre right it did. I guess there are more Mcgreggor fans than I expected. You also dont like losing do you even though you know deep down inside you you are wrong and Frankie DESERVED the title shot instead of Mendes.

Screw the rankings. Frankie was on a 4 fight win streak, was a CHAMPION at a higher weight division not too long ago and had not had a recent title shot. Compared to Mendes who was on a 1 fight win streak, just recently had a title shot and lost and has never proven to be a champion.

The fact is EVERYONE with a brain inlcuding Dana, Connor and the Fertitas knew Frankie was a worse matchup for Connor. I am sure you knew as well Frankie was the worse matchup for Connor but I wouldnt be surprised if you claimed otherwise.

If Conor can beat Diaz, and do so in convincing fashion will Conor and UFC rather push for fight with Robbie Lawler in a welterweight title challenge for UFC 200, then dos Anjos?

Last edited:
Wasn't Edgar ranked higher than Mendes when Conor vs Mendes took place?

Frankie Edgar is the clear #1 contender at 145 and the champ is choosing not to defend his title against him

Conor would be risking his belt at 145 against a bad stylistic match up fighting Edgar. Against RDA he is risking far less.

He is taking the less risky fight despite it making no sense, and not defending his title like what would be expected of every other champion

Frankie Edgar is the clear #1 contender at 145 and the champ is choosing not to defend his title against him

Conor would be risking his belt at 145 against a bad stylistic match up fighting Edgar. Against RDA he is risking far less.

He is taking the less risky fight despite it making no sense, and not defending his title like what would be expected of every other champion

I think he will give up that belt because there is more money-fights in the other divisions. The comming months we can atleast expect a interim-belt fight between Aldo and Edgar. They can't put a hold in that divison for ever.

I think he will give up that belt because there is more money-fights in the other divisions. The comming months we can atleast expect a interim-belt fight between Aldo and Edgar. They can't put a hold in that divison for ever.

If they're gonna have an interim title simply because the champ isn't gonna fight at that weight anymore, he needs to vacate the belt

If they're gonna have an interim title simply because the champ isn't gonna fight at that weight anymore, he needs to vacate the belt
I agree with you. But Conor and UFC won't do that, incase of a devestating Conor loss in the other divisions, therefore first a interim-FW belt.

Actually, if he took the fight vs Khabib I don't think anyone would claim he's ducking.

"I'm no making exuses but Conor only took the Khabib fight because Khabib hasn't fought in nearly two years. He's also fighting on short notice." - Conor Hater

Ranking doesn't paint the whole picture. Mendes got KTFO by Edgar with a full camp. His wrestling game relies more heavily on cardio but he's all finz & featherz in the off season with no fight cardio. Conor knew this that's why he ducked Edgar.

Conor himself said RDA is a bum version of Aldo and an easier fight. That's why he went with RDA instead of Edgar. 155 also comes with an additional bonus duck: the weight cut.

Before that when he was scheduled to fight Cole Miller who has sick jits game at UFC Dublin 2 rumor was he pressure the UFC to pay MIller to bow out due to "injuries" and handpicked a brawler in Diego Brandao as replacement. Something similarly shady happened in January last year when Conor used his leverage to cherrypick aging German dwarf striker Dennis Siver for him to tear apart.

Now if you go all the way back to the days of Cage Warriors FC you'll also find instances of him ducking legit competition and fighting Ivan Buchinger for the CWFC LW belt. Buchinger at the time didn't even have a proper training camp or training partners and that's why Conor picked him.

Not sure if you're sarcastic or not TS, if you are then I disagree with you but if you're serious then I agree with you. Conor McGregor has a history of ducking better competitions. The situation is as clear as shit stuck in mud.

Wait, this is interesting. Where can I read more about Conor using his leverage to have Miller drop out of the bout?

Back