Remember when Machida ducked Shogun after their Really Close Fight?

Forget that, there's never been a champion as selfish as Jones period.

lmao, your Jones butthurt is always good for a laugh, PG.

Just find Jon and kiss him already, get this over with.

Shogun clearly won the first match against Machida, Machida knows it, everybody knows it. Shogun deserved the immediate rematch.

Bones vs. Gus, in the other hand could have go either way. It was close as f*ck, but I think Jones won.

But yeah, Bones is really becoming Floyd

I cant imagine Machida ducking anyone to be honest.

I'm not sure I agree with the sentiment that Champions should just shut up and fight whomever they are told to fight.

If the decision for who gets the next title shot wasn't mired in horseshit as a result of the UFC trying to maximize profits, you'd be right.

As it is with Jones now, we have a champion who is making known his preferences for whom he would like to defend against and this is conflicting with Zuffa's interests of making the most money.

If this sport had a transparent rating system and fair, impartial method of determining who the next title challenger is, then yes, champions should just cork it and fight whoever's next. - Then the contention that a champion should simply fight who is in front of him would be valid.

But that is something entirely different than a champion unquestioningly fighting whomever zuffa thinks is best. I don't understand the push for this.

Bones isn't refusing to fight, and in my opinion is clearly choosing the more difficult of the two potential opponents.

I'm no bones fan at all but I'm totally behind him on this one

I understand that, but he ducked the championship fight when it was offered to him.. he wanted more time, kind of like jones wants to fight cormier first before gus, maybe he needs more time like Machida (PS not a jones fan at all)

Jones doesnt want more time, he wants to fight a person not named GUS.

One thing Vitor never gets any credit for, he went into that Jones fight with a broken hand, his power hand (left). That's why he kept pulling guard, and fighting so differently than usual. So not only did he have no training camp, he was injured. Pretty crazy when you think about it.

Dude, ur CRAZY!!! Everybody knows Vitor lost to Bones cause he wasn't sporting the Mohawk Of Doom. (Said with the most serious face that I could fake) lol

Anybody remember Lyoto being asked to fill in for Davis against Rashad and then he refused when Dana wouldn't give into his requests for Anderson Silva money?

We ended up with Tito/Shad II instead.

One thing Vitor never gets any credit for, he went into that Jones fight with a broken hand, his power hand (left). That's why he kept pulling guard, and fighting so differently than usual. So not only did he have no training camp, he was injured. Pretty crazy when you think about it.

That was a rumor that was debunked by Vitor himself.

Saiu na impresa americana que voc

Only when they were short-notice offers. Machida fully admits he needs a full training camp to take a real shot at Jones. He has also said if he wins the belt and defends for awhile at MW then he'd like to take another crack at him.

He had a full training camp and he got left on the canvas unconscious

When Lyoto had his shot at Jones he was a replacement for Rashard.

No he wasn't. Jones vs Rashad was never announced. It was simply expected as Jones' next fight. Not only that, but Machida vs Jones was announced a full 2 months ahead of their fight. He had a full training camp.

Machida was never a replacement opponent, nor was he taking on Jones on short notice.

I have to agree with this

When Lyoto had his shot at Jones he was a replacement for Rashard.

That announcement was made more than 10 weeks before the event.

The only time I've seen a time frame near this length be considered as "short notice" is for this particular fight for some reason.

Back