Remember when Machida ducked Shogun after their Really Close Fight?

I am talking about a man who did decline two men and declined a man who he left unconscious.

This thread is false since jones is indeed fighting Gusafsson even with him prefering to fight Cormier(a more dangerous fighter). Also Cormier and Gus pose the biggest threat, not just Gustafsson.

Cormier is said to be jones biggest threat and Jones wanted to face Cormier but is now facing Gus. Cormier is the biggest threat at LHW and the biggest problem for either.

Why should Machida fight everyone who calls him out? Did he really DECLINE a fight? Did Dana, the press, the fans or anyone other than Rashad ask for a rematch?

If Jones is indeed fighting Gustafsson, that's nice, but the thread was still spot on at the time it was published. And, sure, Cormier might be the biggest threat to Jones, but Gus was the biggest so far, just like Shogun became the greatest threat to Machida after their first fight. It's really not that difficult.

Why should Machida fight everyone who calls him out? Did he really DECLINE a fight? Did Dana, the press, the fans or anyone other than Rashad ask for a rematch?

If Jones is indeed fighting Gustafsson, that's nice, but the thread was still spot on at the time it was published. And, sure, Cormier might be the biggest threat to Jones, but Gus was the biggest so far, just like Shogun became the greatest threat to Machida after their first fight. It's really not that difficult.

Yes he declined a UFC fight against Rashad(a month) as well as a short notice fight against Jones(who also had a short notice).

Its good that it was true when it was published but we didnt have all the details and now its false.

End thread.

Last edited:
I agree.

Machida is a fucking man. Never denies to fight anyone.

PS: I thought Shogun won that fight 4 rounds to 1. I was completely outraged when the decision was made. But, that's history now. I personally think the better fighter was proven after the rematch.

Machida is still in my top 3 favorite fighters.

Except when he denied to fight Rashad at UFC 133 and Jones at UFC 151 and 152, but let's not let facts get in the way of a good old fashioned circle jerk.

Except when he denied to fight Rashad at UFC 133 and Jones at UFC 151 and 152, but let's not let facts get in the way of a good old fashioned circle jerk.
He didn't say he wouldn't fight either guy.

How about you don't make shit up.

In Jones' defense, the Machida vs. Shogun fight was considered a robbery whereas the Jones vs. Gus fight is considered really close but that the right guy won (this of course isn't a categorical opinion, but it is the most believed one).

Those said, Jones shouldn't pick and choose his opponents, maybe in rare circumstances, but in this instance, he should just fight Gus.

This-
I dont think any media outlet scored the fight for Gus.

Plus hasnt Machida declined to fight Jones on several occasions?
Forcing Chael and Vitor to step up?

Back