Remember when haters discredited PRIDE fighters because of PEDs?

yeah, now they just say 'everyone uses' when UFC fighters are getting popped left and right.

I'm still not sold on the idea that removing PED's from the sport is a good thing.

So a guy who takes traumatic damage to his head in a fight; kind of like Lawler did in his last fight; can't take human growth hormone? I hope we don't find out sometime down the line that HGH actually helped with brain injury and that we're inadvertently causing more harm than good.

What about all the other injuries that fighters are going to live with after they get out of the sport and retire? Wouldn't it be better for their after-mma-life if they took something to help with all of the wear and tear they took during their 10-15 year career?

They're all Conor fans who started watching MMA in 2014 and think Sakuraba is Japanese hot sauce. I'd ignore them.

Not quite. Back in 2007 or so this board was rife with TUF Newbs who were discrediting the entire Pride organization as roid central.

This was long before Conor.

That was Chael Sonnen and look what happened to him.

UFC was always dirty as dirty can get.

Won't call it dirty, but I am sure as hell that Randy wouldn't been able to pull off what he pulled off at his age if he was not on juice - and I am a fckg Randy fan. But honestly: I don't care if all cheat. The only thing I hate is, when only a view get an advantage with it.

Pride fans remind me of HD DVD and SEGA fans.

It's not coming back.

Not quite. Back in 2007 or so this board was rife with TUF Newbs who were discrediting the entire Pride organization as roid central.

This was long before Conor.

The most hypocritical part of it was that the focus tended to be on Brazilian and European fighters within Pride when really if you look at the more obvious examples of potential PED use in Pride they tend to be Americans like Kerr, Sapp, etc.

Personally my view is as high end MMA training shifted mostly to the US post Pride so we saw a growth in PED culture tied into the same culture from wrestling and boxing where fighters look to have the absolute maximum amount of muscle for their weight class, often via PED use.

The prevalence of ribbed guys with very low bodyfat making big weight cuts did not decline post Pride it increased significantly.

Back