Remember when George came out with the lethal jab in the Koscheck 2 fight?

Yeah it literally cracked koschecks skull and he couldn't get on a plane to leave for several weeks cuz of the pressure
I remember something like 9 months later, Kos was in a video (prob Dana's old vlogs) and said he still had issues with feeling on parts of his face. Then when he came back, it seemed like when he got tagged on that side of the face, he would touch it and get apprehensive in the striking. He probably had permanent damage.

It was a good gameplan. GSP maybe could outwrestle Kos but it would be hard. And Kos didn't have great striking but had power, so GSP just worked a long jab the whole fight.

Yeah well he did, that was in there first fight though so maybe make sure you know what you're talking about before you assume everyone is hating on GSP.
Pretty sure GSP got taken down at the end of the first round in the second fight too. Maybe he did know what he was talking about and you don’t

Conor fading away and we're suddenly getting more GSP threads than when he was relevant. Interesting.

Remember when Ellenberger turned Josh into the Frothcheck Capuccino Foamer?
tumblr_nkiwvaOkKN1tugoyjo1_500.gif

I was an mma fan when it happened, but even if I wasn’t and I was a new fan it wouldn’t matter.

What kind of a loser she are you that you have to brag about doing something first to feel relevant?

If you were here in person I would punish you for giving me attitude like that boy.

Oh calm the fuck down internet tough guy. It was fucking joke. You would never be able to punish me, junior. Take your fake-badass somewhere else. We already have enough internet toughs on Sherdog.

Jesus, mother fuckers can't take a little joke. Must have a really tiny dick.

...then I hit him with teh jab.

That Walmart fight thread was legendary.

GSP admitted he fought safe after the Serra fight. Protecting the belt.

Notice he was able to finish Bisping after he stopped caring about the belt?

notice how after Serra he destroyed Serra Penn and Hughes in rematches

I ‘member
We know you 'member! You never forget to 'member!

Hey, am I the only one who doesn't know if this is either a George Lopez reference or a Member-Berries reference?

On Topic:

Master straight punches and you've mastered the most reliable set ups for every single maneuver that can be initiated from an MMA adapted "middle-stance."

Which is every fucking move worth a damn that there is, whether it's striking or grappling, if you're decently athletic at all...that is why GSP is the GOAT of WW and an ATG, whether you like him or not doesn't change a damn thing.

Last edited:
Damn he was so much faster in that fight vs the recent Bisping fight. Glad he retired obviously nowhere near his prime anymore old age wins again.

According to the people on this forum GSP got taken down and lost the 1st round, which pretty much makes him a garbage fighter.

But I approve of this counter-thread. It's unreal the amount of hate that GSP gets.
That was the first fight he got taken down in. He still won that fight handily as well and proved the naysayers wrong when he turned the tables in the wrestling dept

1 of a few fights that proved GSP was too nice to a fault . He couldve ended KOS career and gave him permenant damage to get a finish . He also could have snapped Hardys arm ala Frank Mir. He just didnt have it in him

That was amazing, the way he kept putting that jab into Koschecks eye.

I think he was training with Freddie Roach or something for that Fight.

His hands looked deadly and on point that night. Doctor should have stopped the fight.

I feel like his jab wasn’t as lethal after that fight, because he had to go back to training his wrestling and top control again to stay complete.

At the time, that was my favorite MMA beatdown. Couldn’t stand Koscheck.

That's like saying Michael Jordan dunking got old or Jerry Rice catching TDs got old...
Except trying to finish a fight is more interesting than peppering a guy with jabs.

No matter what GSP fans try to say lol.

Back