Remember when George came out with the lethal jab in the Koscheck 2 fight?

Gastelum is one of the best mws in the game..

Agree. Gastelum deserves all the respect he can get. Only 27 years old, a huge margin of progression, a lot of potential..

Why did he not try to finish Kos?

That jabbing shit got old.
Because Kos couldnt stop him from doing it. So dont give him a chance to win. Keep pluggin away.

it was so satisfying watching that douches eye get jabbed to bolivian

A jab fest does not an exciting fight make. If it takes five rounds of jabs--how lethal can that jab be?

A jab fest does not an exciting fight make. If it takes five rounds of jabs--how lethal can that jab be?
It discouraged and demoralized Koschek and he had no answer for it. GSP just kept using it cos it worked,and the fight could have been stopped by the doctor,because of how bad the eye looked.

11_St-Pierre_Koscheck15-800x533.jpg

>Deadly hands

>cant put away a guy who has no business standing with him

k
Come on man that's a silly point to make, how many times have world class boxers gone to points with guys they simply couldn't put away?
GSP was using the jab perfectly in this fight but he in no way wanted to stand in the pocket and trade with Kos who has much more power. Therefore he implemented a perfect game plan, kos couldn't out wrestle him or get his own striking offence going, he was totally neutralized.

GSP gave koscheck way too much credit in this fight. Imo he could’ve and should’ve finished him.

He gave shields too much credit also.

Stop trying to sound smart and talk fucking properly

Lethal enough that he completely destroyed Kos's vision

It hurt worse than anything I've ever experienced.
Seriously -- the eye hurt way worse than chopping my big toe off.
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/9/...ck-blogs-georges-st-pierre-injury-matt-hughes

“I had a lot of nerve damage done in the face and the face is very sensitive,” Koscheck said. “The nerve damage in the face magnifies the pain level in your body a lot more. It was a lot of pain. I got through it with pain pills and morphine that night.

“It was a fun experience needless to say that I don’t want to go though ever again,” he added dryly.

The damage was so severe that Koscheck had to drive from Montreal to Boston to have surgery after the fight, since doctors would not let him fly.
https://globalnews.ca/news/156632/j...return-to-cage-after-beating-at-hands-of-gsp/

GSP gave koscheck way too much credit in this fight. Imo he could’ve and should’ve finished him.

He gave shields too much credit also.

I think that's fair.

I never see the following criticism go both ways:

Why did he not try to finish Kos?

That jabbing shit got old.

Do people feel Koscheck tried hard to change the direction of that fight? Or was he satisfied not being blinded? Should he not have been expected to go out in a blaze of glory? Did he try harder than GSP?

The suggestion the fighter who is landing effectively and is avoiding danger needs to change the direction of the fight is not a fan of marital arts imo. They're a fan MMA's action and drama.

that fight literally fucked koscheck's eye for life, even in bellator all these years after the GSP fight he's losing because of his eye lol.

it wasn't because he stopped caring about a belt, it's because Bisping was forcing him into a kill or be killed situation.

he couldn't wrestle and coast on Bisping from top position because Bisping was literally beating the fuck out of him from the bottom. on the feet Bisping knew what was happening and started pressuring GSP more on the feet.

GSP had to finish Bisping or he would've been finished himself. it was one of the more endearing moments of his career in my opinion, he had to overcome adversity.
Nice theory but GSP has already said he was training to get the finish his whole camp bud.

Not really. Bisping has been finished more times than he has loss by decision. It only took Gastelum one round to demolish the Count.
If you're trying to make the case that Bisping is easy to finish, just stop being an mma fan please.

CC18EA71-A104-4966-8589-45ED32E87F17.png
You guys keep talking about the Bisping fight need to re watch the fight without the commentators. Sure he hit him with a couple elbows from the bottom but GSP has always had rice paper for skin. He was never in danger in that fight. GSP hit bisping twice as much as he was hit and he choked the count unconscious.

That was amazing, the way he kept putting that jab into Koschecks eye.

I think he was training with Freddie Roach or something for that Fight.

His hands looked deadly and on point that night. Doctor should have stopped the fight.

I feel like his jab wasn’t as lethal after that fight, because he had to go back to training his wrestling and top control again to stay complete.
His jab wasn’t as spectacular as Kos made it look. Shields poked a hole in that weapon and avoided it.

It was a sight to see technically. As opposed to sloppy heavyweights like Fedor winging punches at each other.

Kos wasn’t the same fighter after that war. Sure he wasn’t finished but he took a beating. I’ve heard several fighters say they prefer to punish their opponents than to finish them. Would you prefer to be ko’d in the first round or take a beating for 25 min?

That was amazing, the way he kept putting that jab into Koschecks eye.

I think he was training with Freddie Roach or something for that Fight.

His hands looked deadly and on point that night. Doctor should have stopped the fight.

I feel like his jab wasn’t as lethal after that fight, because he had to go back to training his wrestling and top control again to stay complete.
A few points from that fight. 1. The refs/doctors caused Josh to have unfixable eye damage. He was never the same. GSP broke him in a way that was never fixed. 2. GSP was robbed of a TKO (Doctor or Corner Stoppage) win because of the negligence of Kos’ coaches refs and doctors.

Back