Remember when Dan Hardy held GSP's arm for a while

Clippy

Good Times
@plutonium
Reaction score
It was so weird and frustrating

Dan Hardy was trying to submit GSP and had his arm for what felt like the longest time.

It was bizarre cause GSP looked like he couldn't get out of it or was taking a breather

And Dan Hardy could do nothing to get a sub but just hold his arm for a while.

Was this the weirdest moment in MMA?

So awkward and confusing.

Or what about the time Mark Hunt laid on top of Fedor for a while doing all kinds of sub attempts that went nowhere

These have to be times the more winningest fighter is just fucking around for a break huh?

he wasnt just holding his arm dude he was trying to break it but didnt have to the right technique to do so... gsp was stuck there he wasnt taking a breather. not even close to the weirdest moment

Mike Jackson was fucking around w Punk

Don't remember but I remember this.

Seems like GSP could have broken Hardy's arm in that armbar.
Did he hold back from snapping it?

Fake not-nice-guy if confirmed.

i think werdum deciding to come out with a flying kick every fight for some reason is far more weird and unexplainable

Funny....i remember gsp being the one who couldnt finish his armlocks in that fight.....

oh shit this is what i was actually thinking of, i had it backwards. gsp is the one that had dan's arm but couldnt finish it cus he didnt have the correct angle

Convinced that dan hardys bones in his arms are made of some type of rubber

GSP simply wasnt that good to finish off the armbar/Kimura...He even said it post fight, his coach said he fucked up.

Of course the GSP Shills said he was just being nice or that Hardy is super amazing, just to make GSP look good lol.

Fedor or any real GOAT would've taken that arm with them if they had it almost fully locked like that.

It has to be the longest arm bar attempt in MMA history. I recall having enough time to take a dump.

How did Hardy ever fight GSP.. I really like Hardy, a lot. But how and why did he ever fight GSP? I said this 6 months ago, who has Dan Hardy beaten? I can't think of one name. I'm not hating, I just... he was very relevant but I don't remember anything he did. How did he get a TS? He never made number 1 contender. Not in a million years. I need to research this.

How did Hardy ever fight GSP.. I really like Hardy, a lot. But how and why did he ever fight GSP? I said this 6 months ago, who has Dan Hardy beaten? I can't think of one name. I'm not hating, I just... he was very relevant but I don't remember anything he did. How did he get a TS? He never made number 1 contender. Not in a million years. I need to research this.

Uh lets see... any reason you might think of?

UFC was desperate to push the european market- duh!

Uh lets see... any reason you might think of?

UFC was desperate to push the european market- duh!
I thought it was GSP simply dry-cleaned the division or is was a late-notice replacement.. was that the reason? Very possible back then..

drinking early eh Clip? the fights haven't even started buddeh!

C'mon Clippy how could you think Dan Hardy had GSP in any kind of precarious situation?

He was definitely pushed up the line because of the UK market. But Swick was being hyped by the UFC and they would've given him a title shot if he beat Hardy or with one more win after that and Hardy beat him. Marcus Davis had few decent wins and was a name fighter in the UFC at that point. For the time none of the three were top guys by any means but if UFC convenient BS rankings were around back then they would put them in the top-8 or so and pushed them up to justify title shot.

GSP simply wasnt that good to finish off the armbar/Kimura...He even said it post fight, his coach said he fucked up.

Of course the GSP Shills said he was just being nice or that Hardy is super amazing, just to make GSP look good lol.

Fedor or any real GOAT would've taken that arm with them if they had it almost fully locked like that.
tumblr_nf5vvdqRqN1qa4iv8o2_500.gif

GSP haters trying to discredit him.

C'mon Clippy how could you think Dan Hardy had GSP in any kind of precarious situation?

He was definitely pushed up the line because of the UK market. But Swick was being hyped by the UFC and they would've given him a title shot if he beat Hardy or with one more win after that and Hardy beat him. Marcus Davis had few decent wins and was a name fighter in the UFC at that point. For the time none of the three were top guys by any means but if UFC convenient BS rankings were around back then they would put them in the top-8 or so and pushed them up to justify title shot.
Hardy beat prime Swick? Wow.. better name than I was expecting tbh. Davis fighting for a title god no. He was never close.

Hardy beat prime Swick? Wow.. better name than I was expecting tbh. Davis fighting for a title god no. He was never close.
For sure but Davis was recently coming off a surprise win over Lytle. I'd consider him like a Leben of WW back then. Not some top guy but still a name everyone was familiar with, that the UFC Seemed to like who had a few KO's. Plus he was actually cheered big time for one or two UK cards back then because of his Irish hand grenade nickname and sucking up to fans in the press.

ppl who thought Hardy was trying to submit GSP need to be checked for CTE

your sherFam is worried about you, bros

Back