Remember when Bruce Buffer totally screwed up anoucing the winner of this championship fight?

but he had it so Aldo wasn't the undisputed champ and Buffer should have done his job properly

why don't you guys get together, hold hands till you form a circle and chant
"Aldo was the undisputed champ" over and over.

Nah, he didn't really have anything other than a rock solid claim to being the number one contender. At that point his belt was the functional equivalent of Chael's belt, but less funny since strangely a few folks, not including Bruce Buffer, took it seriously.

chael-sonnen-with-title.png

Nah, he didn't really have anything other than a rock solid claim to being the number one contender. At that point his belt was the functional equivalent of Chael's belt, but less funny since strangely a few folks, not including Bruce Buffer, took it seriously.

chael-sonnen-with-title.png
I don't have any issue with the comments regarding the validity of the belt, only that Bruce did indeed fuck it up regardless of those comments. The undisputed part is used for a reason, even if it's basically taken from boxing :p

I don't have any issue with the comments regarding the validity of the belt, only that Bruce did indeed fuck it up regardless of those comments. The undisputed part is used for a reason, even if it's basically taken from boxing :p

I think undisputed should be used to describe a situation in which there is no reasonable dispute as to whether the champ lays sole claim to the title. And that was true of Aldo in regards to the FW belt at that point, though several minutes later facts changed radically. Only the very gullible should find Buffer's announcement to be in error.

I think undisputed should be used to describe a situation in which there is no reasonable dispute as to whether the champ lays sole claim to the title. And that was true of Aldo in regards to the FW belt at that point, though several minutes later facts changed radically. Only the very gullible should find Buffer's announcement to be in error.
was a 13 month layoff for Aldo? so not too big a deal with an interim title being given IMO
I didn't think this part through properly :p

was worse when Barao had the interim belt for so long when he should have been the real champ

but following your idea, Lawler shouldn't be announced as undisputed champion because it's debatable whether he's ever beaten Hendricks, or Condit last time out. And same for Benson Henderson when he had the LW title, Machida when he had the LHW belt and so on.

it can be real simple. If a fighter in your division has an interim belt, you're not undisputed. that's it.

it can be real simple. If a fighter in your division has an interim belt, you're not undisputed. that's it.

I understand the technical sense in which you are correct, but it is a shabby, low brow, and unprincipled technicality. Issuing an interim belt in Aldo's case was transparently cynical marketing, and it raised greater dispute as to the UFC's handling of belts than it did to whether or not Aldo was the true and sole featherweight champion at that time.

McGregor himself is the undisputed champ now, so his fans don't need to degrade themselves defending the UFC's interim nonsense.

I understand the technical sense in which you are correct, but it is a shabby, low brow, and unprincipled technicality. Issuing an interim belt in Aldo's case was transparently cynical marketing, and it raised greater dispute as to the UFC's handling of belts than it did to whether or not Aldo was the true and sole featherweight champion at that time.

McGregor himself is the undisputed champ now, so his fans don't need to degrade themselves defending the UFC's interim nonsense.
to be honest I don't give a shit if he calls them giant marshmallows as long as they fight :)

was fun chatting with you though hehe

I can't stand Bruce Buffer because of his telling and screaming and in that little video he makes out like his little saying " iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit's tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime" is some masterpiece created by god, he make me sick. I seen him playing poker and you talk about an arrogant prick, not that he is, he literally thinks his shit does not stink and he is about as goofy looking as you can imagine. His head is so big it does not look right. The way he acts he is like some kind of mogul, you will definitely puke in your mouth
Interesting observation, cuz I've heard that he is kinduva dickhead.

I can't stand Bruce Buffer because of his telling and screaming and in that little video he makes out like his little saying " iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit's tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime" is some masterpiece created by god, he make me sick. I seen him playing poker and you talk about an arrogant prick, not that he is, he literally thinks his shit does not stink and he is about as goofy looking as you can imagine. His head is so big it does not look right. The way he acts he is like some kind of mogul, you will definitely puke in your mouth

LOL!!!!!!

You freaking hate Bruce Buffer!!

Judge 1 scores it 48-47 Hendricks judge 2 scores it 48-47 Pierre and judge 3 calls it 48-47 for the winner and STILLLLLLLLLLLLL CHAMPION GEORGE ST PIERRE!!!! Why did he say Pierre the first time? #fail

Oh wow.

Get a Life (TM).

Well done on creating a thread that is so mediocre that you can't even rip on it properly.

Buffer said Pierre.

Wow.

Biggest whoops in MMA ever.

And you are pathetically trying to defend your mediocre thread with even shittier responses.

You came back to this thread again?! I am in your kitchen. Make me a sandwich fool.

I'm not your mom and my gf is in the kitchen where perhaps I'll hump her on the counte after finishing this post, thanks for the idea.

I'm not your mom and my gf is in the kitchen where perhaps I'll hump her on the counte after finishing this post, thanks for the idea.
Bet you'll come and continue posting nonsense. You are a worthless poster who angers easily. LOL

Back