Remember when Bruce Buffer totally screwed up anoucing the winner of this championship fight?

Remember that time that someone misspoke and left an abbreviation off of someone's surname on accident a couple years ago? Cuz man, I sure do

"Fighting! out of Dublin, Ireland, the pride of Irelanddddd..."

Remember when he mixed up Pat Healy and Jim Miller, two bearded gingers?

If that's the biggest mistake he has made he is doing pretty fucking well.

Buffer announced Aldo as "undisputed" against McGregor.

He was correct. McGregor's interim belt was an empty marketing device. Let's not make it more. There was no dispute that Aldo was the world champion at featherweight, just like there is now no dispute that McGregor is.

Meh, we all fuck up sometimes. I took the roof off the wrong house when I was an apprentice, now that's a proper fail.

He was correct. McGregor's interim belt was an empty marketing device. Let's not make it more. There was no dispute that Aldo was the world champion at featherweight, just like there is now no dispute that McGregor is.
Even still, McGregor was the interim champion. If there is another champion (justified or not), you can't be undisputed.

Even still, McGregor was the interim champion. If there is another champion (justified or not), you can't be undisputed.

If it's a bullshit disputation, then sure you can. I get that McGregor is marketable, but that was a piece of marketing that I am surprised anyone, including McGregor fans, bought into. McGregor is the champ now, so it's all academic at this point, but Buffer was right to call Aldo undisputed at the time.

Rember when Buffer didn't come across as a total slime bag?... Didn't think so.

If it's a bullshit disputation, then sure you can. I get that McGregor is marketable, but that was a piece of marketing that I am surprised anyone, including McGregor fans, bought into. McGregor is the champ now, so it's all academic at this point, but Buffer was right to call Aldo undisputed at the time.
but he wasn't undisputed champ because Mcgregor had the interim belt

but he wasn't undisputed champ because Mcgregor had the interim belt

McGregor's interim belt had precisely zero significance and in no way represented a true dispute to the featherweight title. Interim titles are usually lame, but that was the lamest interim belt I am aware of in MMA history.

McGregor's interim belt had precisely zero significance and in no way represented a true dispute to the featherweight title. Interim titles are usually lame, but that was the lamest interim belt I am aware of in MMA history.
but he had it so Aldo wasn't the undisputed champ and Buffer should have done his job properly

why don't you guys get together, hold hands till you form a circle and chant
"Aldo was the undisputed champ" over and over.

bruce may be a lot of unpleasant things

he definitely has made mistakes in his announcements, as well as goofy, cringe-worthy attempts at announcing...

but one thing is for certain, he has grown into the job and these days when he yell ''it's time!'' the entire stadium yells with him... the phrase has become a trademark and he gets the crowd pumped up and excited, which is an important part of his job... which means he generally does his job well...

i don't care for him personally, but gotta give credit where its dues..

Back