1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Remember when all of Sherdog said Anderson Silva couldn't lose, and he'd beat Widman?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by RondaTateCarano**, May 27, 2014.

1. Mau Gold Belt

So, you're calling some sherdoggers out on something another person said, based on the accomplishments of a third person over the person claimed as the best?

And you have no correlations with any of the persons involved in the statement?

Riding others dick at finest. What a dumb and pathetic thread.

2. csroster Silver Belt

So wait...

You're going after the guys that are going after Dana for calling Barao the best before he lost, because you believe these are the same guys who called Silva the best before he lost, so you're going after them because they're going after Dana to show them how hypocritical they are?

Am I now going after you for going after the guys going after Dana for calling Barao the best before he lost, because I believe that you believe these are the same guys who called Silva the best before he lost, so now I'm going after you because you're going after them because they're going after Dana to show you how hypocritical you are?

Wait, where am I?

3. RondaTateCarano** Banned Banned

Threads like these show how hateful most sherdog posters are. Instead of reading the thread, they read the title and start spewing hate.

4. RondaTateCarano** Banned Banned

Yeah, tons of fans. like 13% according to one of the more popular polls posted in this thread.

5. csroster Silver Belt

Maybe I missed it, but who was your money on for Silva/Weidman 1?

Who did you pick in Barao/Dillashaw?

6. RondaTateCarano** Banned Banned

I thought Weidman had a chance, but I had been let down so many times by Silva's opponents I figured he'd pull out the win.

And I picked Barao to win.

Like the thread says, we are all wrong from time to time. It's just hilarious how so many posters here are blowing up on Dana and Barao acting like they've never been wrong. They've never made a mistake. Nobody in this thread had Silva beating Weidman, which is weird. But in all of the polls posted, the highest was 23% picked Weidman, and the lowest was 13%... Everyone in here seems to have a "Oh well we all knew Weidman had a great chance" mentality but the numbers say theres no way this many people picked him.

7. BigMuffler Loli is love loli is life!

You just realize the percentage of morons on Sherdog now?

Is normal.

8. RondaTateCarano** Banned Banned

And I hate Silva, cant stand his fans, cant stand his douchey attitude during fights, I was ecstatic when lost. That said, I still picked him to win. I thought it would be a tough fight, but I never expected Weidman to win the way he did. I thought if he could use Chaels game plan, he'd have a better chance of subbing Silva or winning a decision but I never in my wildest dreams saw Weidman finishing him with strikes.

9. countswagula Gold Belt

Favorites can lose fights?
    Noooo

10. thechoice2 Banned Banned

That's your problem. You think because the vast majority picked Silva to win, that they didn't think Weidman had a chance. But even your next post says you picked Silva to win but thought Weidman had a chance.

So based on that amount of information we can conclude that 21% thought Weidman would win the fight (means they definitely thought he had a chance at winning) and an unknown amount that picked Silva to win also thought Weidman had a chance at winning.

Picking Silva to win the fight isn't the same as saying Weidman has no chance of winning the fight.

11. RondaTateCarano** Banned Banned

Why are we hung up on this?! THATS NOT THE POINT

How many times have i said, the whole point is "Everybody can be wrong, and even the best can lose"...so why is everyone so quick to shit on barao for being overrated, and Dana for saying he's the best? When at one time more than 75% of Sherdog made the same mistake? As soon as the fight was over there were tons of threads saying they knew both Dana and Barao were overrated and full of shit.

12. jimmyw404 Brown Belt

Yep. This guy is too stupid to get this.

13. csroster Silver Belt

Because this is Sherdog. Everyone is a genius in hindsight, you're only as good as your last fight, and Dana is full of it. Really what more is there to say?

14. CubicleGangster Extendos Belt Platinum Member

People are getting hung up on your comparison, because it was a bad comparison. If you want to make a thread that says "Everybody can be wrong, and even the best can lose" then come out and fucking say "Everybody can be wrong, and even the best can lose" in the OP.

15. Kanster Guest

Silva was more proven than Barao ever was.

16. BigMuffler Loli is love loli is life!

Fixed.

Also, being insecure is the mark of a real man.

17. DarthChen731 Gold Belt

I hate it when top fighters with that "mystique" lose only because then we get fucking shit threads (like this one) on Sherdog for weeks after.

:sigh:

18. 5Rounder Brown Belt

Uhhh...what the fuck does that have to do with anything?

19. BigMuffler Loli is love loli is life!

It's one of the common beliefs that make Shitdog Shitdog.

20. BigMuffler Loli is love loli is life!

Well, it was clearly in response to shittier threads by morons calling out Dana for hyping Barao and/or discrediting Barao.

Mass IP bans would solve a lot of Shitdog's woes.