Remember this guy?

He seemed like a future contender for sure with the grappling credentials and some power in his punches, the flashy karate stance and unorthodox striking, but he looks like doesn't know how to put it together, and that chin of his dos not like to get punched, so he'll be a gatekeeper at best

He seems too young to be done as a contender, yet too old to change his fighting style in the ways that would make him contender material.

giphy.gif

I think the Maia loss took a lot out of Gunnar mentally. On his day he looked like a champ.. hope he comes back stronger

Was probably more to do with him fighting the biggest flake in the UFC

Dunno what this guy is talking about. Gunnar is a small ww and his loss to ponz you cant blame on his defence when ponz raked his eyes several times. He hasnt fought since and is only 29. If they ever made a 165lb division hed have a good shot at being champ

I was talking about his opponent Brandon Thatch...

Dunno what this guy is talking about. Gunnar is a small ww and his loss to ponz you cant blame on his defence when ponz raked his eyes several times. He hasnt fought since and is only 29. If they ever made a 165lb division hed have a good shot at being champ
At best he'd play gatekeeper to a 165 division, while guys like Kevin Lee, GSP, and Khabib will battle it out for the top spot.

hes still around, didnt you see him save cody's life against tj last week?

He was declared future champ at some point. Then his chin got exposed.
when did his chin get exposed exactly?
Gunnar fights chin up, hands down and gets hit over and over clean to the jaw until he's KO'd. Not once in the process does he bring his hands up or tuck his chin. Frustrating to watch.
hes been KO'd((sort of)) once...because the dude was trying to dig out one of his eyes to take home as a souvenir, what other fight did he get hit over and over clean to the jaw until he was KO'd?

I agree that as a fan Gunni can be frustrating to watch at times .....but lets not act like hes been beaten all over the place lol

people in here trying to rewrite the guy's history

lol poke the shit out of him during the process.

More than once even. It was an egregious (and intentional) violation of the rules. That shit should not be celebrated, it should have been ruled a No Contest.

He was declared future champ at some point. Then his chin got exposed.
You mean his eye? He was eating heavy ponzi punches while blinded. Don’t be a noob

Edit: I see you mean thatch. I take everything back. All of it

He’s got dat Machida stance down, just not the elusiveness part

Eyespoke that not change the outcome of fights are very normal..
<LikeReally5>

Watch Miocic vs DC.
Also an unfortunate turn of events, although not anywhere near as blatant as Nelson vs Pokezibbio. He tiger clawed him, it’s basically his finishing move at this point. I hope he loses his fingers in an accident and then goes 0-5.

Back