Remember the Ronda Hype? Jack Slack posted an article about it.

You winners will be talking about ronda rousey for the next twenty five years she changed the sport of mma and you criticise her overhand right and footwork why don't you talk shit about her tens of millions of dollars and being the most famous woman's althete on the planet well done jack slack
860%20-%20animated_macro%20autoplay_gif%20david_otunga%20gif%20wwe%20you_mad_zpsu4dq7fh8.gif

BJJ Scout also mentioned that Ronda had trouble cutting off the ring and would turn on the spot allowing a fighter with good footwork to escape.

She lost so she was just hype.

It means Dominick Cruz is not a huge fan of his MMA analyst abilities.

But hey, what does Cruz know about that stuff.
dTa.gif

Jack said something about Dom not being the greatest fighter to ever live and Cruz decided to get all butthurt about it. As far as analysts go, Jack is usually decent.

You winners will be talking about ronda rousey for the next twenty five years she changed the sport of mma and you criticise her overhand right and footwork why don't you talk shit about her tens of millions of dollars and being the most famous woman's althete on the planet well done jack slack

...thats exactlly what this article is about, you nimrod.

You're too dumb to even understand the content of the thread you're trying to criticize, and you're a Rousey defender. hmmmmmm...

Jack Slack, late to the party, jumping bandwagons and picking an easy target to beat up on for 'likes' all the while jerking off non-stop to boxing throughout his article

business as usual

... remind yourself that you are being sold to constantly. Sometimes by promoters, sometimes by well meaning people caught up in the hype themselves. Take every victory a fighter gets with a grain of salt. Ask what the beaten fighter had shown before and after that fight ...

HE'S BEATEN FIVE FORMER CHAMPIONS!!!

Right.

One who was 3-2 in the UFC and coming back off a knee-reconstruction layoff.
One who was on a 1-2 skid with zero relevant wins for two years.
One who hadn't even fought at the weight class for half a decade and had zero relevant wins in the division for 8 years.

But man oh man, do those fans love to open up wide and swallow that delicious, sticky hype.

lol so many people can't handle the truth

Jack Slack did write an article called killing the queen, identifying the ways to beat Ronda Rousey. he wrote it after Ronda's win over Zingano but before her win over Bethe. He correctly identified that Ronda had poor striking defense, poor cardio, didn't know how to cut off the cage and was dependent on the clinch to get the take down.

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/killing-the-queen-ronda-rousey

Even funnier, is the line he quoted is the first line from that article.

Jack Slack, Jul 28 2015

Ever since I began my Killing the King series, detailing the exploitable habits of the best fighters in the world... there have been heaps of requests for a Killing the Queen: Ronda Rousey. Honestly, I've steered clear of it partly because there just doesn't seem to be anyone even close to having both the skill set and the fight smarts to pull it off in that division...

you do realize you quoted this shit from an article in which he made the correct assessment of her striking, and pointed out that her cardio could be a problem?

here:

But it has to be tempting, Rousey gets hit clean in the face every single time she rushes to the clinch. Every fight she eats a right hand or two. The temptation has to be like that against the Diaz brothers: the chin isn't going to hold out forever. But equally, no one should be building their strategy around the hope of a surprise knockout.

The first thing to note is that Rousey moves in fast. She basically sprints to the clinch, pumping her arms and driving in on a straight line the whole way. Side step a few of those and flat out refuse to engage and she'll have two choices—keep wasting energy, or fight more conservatively. In the moments against Miesha Tate in which she hung out on the feet, without the urgency to clinch, Rousey took punches and looked pretty vulnerable. A more conservative Rousey is a much more appealing target. Add to that the thought that Rousey has never been dragged into a championship length bout and certainly doesn't fight like she plans to be.

at the point when he wrote the article, it really didn't seem like anyone in the division had the skill or the smarts to beat her, because her previous opponents were either technically completely inapt, or fought like idiots. and her next opponent was bethe, who had neither the skill, nor the smarts. he was right on all accounts.

I'm sure you only have to go back a year or so and you'll find a Jack Slack article of how Rousey is the future of MMA and so on....

Why don't you find it and report back.

May we never forget:

Joe Rogan on Honda

“Dana, when you get a chance to watch Ronda Rousey fight, it’s not just a fight at this point. It’s a cultural spectacle.”
“It doesn’t just seem like a fight. It seems like some sort of historical event that you have the privilege of watching live.”
“She’s such a unique athlete. And such a unique person.”
“She’s almost like a mythical *stumbles over his words*… A mythical human at this point.”
“[Bethe] is fighting a woman who transcends sport. She’s fighting a woman who is a hero.”
“Wow. Woah. Crazy. Oh my goodness. Wow. Wow.”
“She’s a cultural icon.”
“She is just spectacular.”
“She just keeps getting better. She’s terrifying!”
“There’s something staggering about that woman. I really do feel like she’s just some incredible, historical figure.”
“She’s not a once in a lifetime, she’s once EVER.”
“Unbelievable. Just unbelievable.”
“To be able to call her fights is an honor. I don’t use that word lightly at all. It is a real honor.”
“It’s an honor to call your fights. It really is. You’re the best ever, you’re just *stutters like the first time you asked a girl on a date* a.. a… a once in a lifetime human being.”
“It’s like watching some unbelievable historical figure that’s never existed before.”
“Man, I’m blown away tonight.”
“I just want to tell you I’m just beyond honored to call this fight.”
“Ronda Rousey is on another level. I mean, another level from where she was before, and THAT was another level.”
“The best ever, ladies and gentlemen.”
“She’s just something so undeniably special. I’m just humbled, man. I’m humble.”
“This is something you’re going to get a chance to tell your children about. To tell your grandchildren about.”
“She is better than she ever was before, and she was already the best.”
“When people tell you ‘Hey I was there when Muhammad Ali fought Sonny Liston’, ‘I got to see Mike Tyson beat Trevor Burbick’, that’s what I feel like when I watch her fight.”

An that's why I think Rogan is full of shit and can't be trusted :) He knows MMA and he knows Rousey sucks... why all that bullshit?

S'okay, to each their own.

- 12-1

- still the most dominant female Champion in UFC history

- female Diaz brother

eee8b52c57eb30d33ed8019953dced02.jpg

hm ... I guess I could have just said, 'Diaz sister'
There is a Diaz sister. Also, the Diaz's are likable.

Jack lurks Sherdog. In fact, he's probably here right now.

That was in reference of Jack saying that TJ was better than Cruz.

But I agree that Jack's analysis are incosistent as he tends to jump bandwagons.

That's not true. Jack Slack never said TJ was "better than Cruz". Cruz took offence to Jack Slack's tweet that TJ was his biggest challenge yet. I don't think he was that far off.

There would be no debate. One man is a champion fighter and the other is a dude with a thesaurus.

I get your argument but Cruz accomplishments as a fighter does not automatically mean that he is always right in an analysis about other fighters.

Alll I know is there's a LOT of captain hindsights in the MMA community.

I love when all the SJW crap crumbles. (Like it always does since it's based on lies) Rousey losing meant we could get back to the serious MMA talk without our wives caring. Thank god!

Back