Remember the name Bevon Lewis

JoeyJoeJoeJr

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I posted about him awhile back but it seems I cant find it so im going to say it again. Bevon Lewis is a monster.

I saw his first fight in the contender series and I knew he was going to be a big name. I was the first person on sherdog to make a thread about him being a future champion.

Hes fighting Uriah Hall next which is a huge jump in competition but hes already better than Hall.

This guy will be a top MW for years to come and inevitably win the belt at some point.

Bevon-Lewis-vs-Sonny-Yohn1.jpg

Last edited:
Is this thread about you or Bevon Lewis?

Also, who?

How could I forget Devon Louis

I thought this was going to be about Belal "Remember the Name" Muhammad

Great nickname, good contender series fights, dumb to push him this hard when he only has 6 fights

UFC risking derailing his hype before it even starts

He has potential but... why not let him build first

I posted about him awhile back but it seems the thread was deleted so im going to say it again. Bevon Lewis is a monster.

I saw his first fight in the contender series and I knew he was going to be a big name. I was the first person on sherdog to recognize his skills and make a thread about him.

Hes fighting Uriah Hall next which is a huge jump in competition but hes already better than Hall.

This guy will be a top MW for years to come and inevitably win the belt at some point.
Yeah? well I was the first guy to actually mention him in a thread, back in 2016 on Worldwide

Stop acting like you found some obscure guy; Bevon became a Jackson-Wink product and Jones protege, so he's been getting some attention for a while now.

Great nickname, good contender series fights, dumb to push him this hard when he only has 6 fights

UFC risking derailing his hype before it even starts

He has potential but... why not let him build first

I agree somewhat. Whats the point of signing him to the development league to develop, only to sign him to the ufc less than a year later and throw him in with a top 15 guy in his first fight. It defies all logic and common sense but I think Bevon wins anyway

Last edited:
Yeah? well I was the first guy to actually mention him in a thread, back in 2016 on Worldwide

Stop acting like you found some obscure guy; Bevon became a Jackson-Wink product and Jones protege, so he's been getting some attention for a while now.

Hes not a Jones protege hes a guy who trained with Jones, like many others have. The LHW who got ktfo on contender series was supposed to be Jones protege too, Phil Hawes. In reality they are just sparring partners sometimes. Jones has no protege.

Well I was the only person on sherdog calling him the future of the division and next champ so make of that what you will.

Wheres your thread calling him the next champ? You listed him as a #7 ranked prospect, its kind of a big jump from that to ufc champion

Last edited:
Elton John has a great song called "Bevon".

"Bevon wears his war wounds like a crown..."

It's a classic.

Also if I remember correctly you said cunningham had a good chance at beating Bevon so its pretty obvious you didnt see what I was seeing. Cunningham got dominated like I thought.

Although Cunningham is raw, he packs a really mean punch, wouldn't be surprised if he hurt Bevon and got him out of there. Still favor Lewis, but I wouldn't count Alton out if I were you.

Bevon completely dominated him

Also made threads about him on 2 other accounts as early as January started calling him the future

Last edited:
So this is a thread about how the OP "discovered" this guy huh? Chill out, Bevon Lewis doesnt even have a wiki yet.

TS: Pat me on the back because I watch the contender series!

<{Heymansnicker}>

So this is a thread about how the OP "discovered" this guy huh? Chill out, Bevon Lewis doesnt even have a wiki yet.

I didnt discover him. Snake101 and mmascout already knew about him before I started mentioning him as Im sure many others did, but I was the first to call him a future champion.

Ive called many future stars ahead of time, its a risk and ppl will bash you if it doesn't happen but im confident in my ability to recognize talent.

I did the same thing with other fighters but those posts were deleted when the site was upgraded so I need to make some new picks.

Also if I remember correctly you said cunningham had a good chance at beating Bevon so its pretty obvious you didnt see what I was seeing. Cunningham got dominated like I thought.

Also made threads about him on 2 other accounts as early as January started calling him the future
You made threads on 2 other accounts about him?

You made threads on 2 other accounts about him?

Well ive been here 10+ years and lets just say Ive made a lot of names.

I made this exact thread about Jose Aldo when he was in the WEC and people laughed at me and said Uriah would beat him.

Back