Remember that time Vitor Belfort knocked Matt Lindland out bad

"He broke both his hands in the first minute"

lol I've never heard that one
He was punching him on top of the skull. Bad idea.

Vitor at that point had no kicking game, he was a pure puncher. He didn't know what to do.

He's had lots of hand problems over the years as well. He entered the James Zikic fight with a broken hand. He also had to pull out of a Wanderlei rematch a few years back with a broken hand.

Broken hand issues are real bad. Ask Fedor. He's has recurring ones too. But, he's mentally tougher than Vitor so he wouldn't butt flop like Vitor did.

I was there. This was one of the many fights I was pumped to see that night. Since it ended so quick I decided to get up and go get something to eat before the next fight started and I stood in line for at least 20 minutes when I got back to my seat Linland was still in the ring being attended to.

auoo3.jpg

That was during Vitor's initial deflated/non roid looking phase too. People forget he was actually skinnier and less ripped in Pride and Affliction than he was in his first UFC run and later as TRTfort.

I forgot exactly when he turned into TRTfort, he was still thin and deflated when he came back to the UFC and fought Franklin.

Back