1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

remember that boxer with sneakers and shorts on the lennox/tua card?

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by mrsenor, Jan 21, 2020.

1. mrsenor Black Belt

was he off the streets?

2. sweetviolenturg Silver Belt Professional Fighter

No. The NSAC wouldn't have sanctioned a fight involving someone just "off the street". And all the participants on that card were fighters who went on to have at least five pro fights. So, the likely explanation for the fighter's attire is that he was either a last-minute replacement opponent who didn't have his regular gear with him or he was just poor & didn't have the cash to buy a new pair of trunks & shoes for the fight. I've seen it many times before.

3. cheesus Gold Belt

Is there a video TS ?

4. Woldog Undisputed Champion of Sherdog

Not the same fight but sometimes last minute fill ins don't have time to get, new shoes or fancy shorts. Sometimes they just happen to be in the right state at the time of the fight. Like in this one. Hunter Sam had two days notice and didn't have any of his gear so he just fought in shorts and sneakers.

5. mrsenor Black Belt

im still searching

6. MC Paul Barman Gold Belt Platinum Member

Tua v Lewis.... the biggest letdown of a heavy match up that I can remember.
    Happened right after that other big letdown of Tyson v Golota.

All I remember with the Tua/Lewis fight is that we were switching between that fight and Meng/Haku fighting on some other channel. We weren't even wrestling fans.... but it was more exciting than watching Tua swing for the fences on every shot and miss by a country mile.

7. soggyfist Silver Belt

Just a jab and some well timed rights neutered Tua. Just awful hooks here and there. The fun scrap between Lawrence Clay-Bey and Clifford Etienne on the undercard right before certainly didn’t help things either.

8. MC Paul Barman Gold Belt Platinum Member

Was Clay Bey v Etienne on the undercard?
    I thought that was on that show called KO Nation.

That was a good fight though.

Just checked... you're right.

9. soggyfist Silver Belt

Pretty sure John John Molina vs Ivan Robinson was on the undercard too.

I really liked KO Nation. Kevin Kelley and Fran Charles (I think) calling the fights. Ed lover trying to be a ring announcer lol. They loved their fringe contender heavyweights and Bronco McKart for some reason. Remember hearing Royce Da 5’9” “Boom” for the first time as Emanuel Burton’s ring entrance against Floyd.

10. ImmigrantMentality Banned Banned

Duhuapas did it not that long ago against povetkin

gettyimages-630177128-1024x1024.jpg

11. borntoloseNOT Brown Belt

I just wish I could have seen footage of one of these mythical Haku fights irl, to this day everyone in business says he'd beat the shit out of anyone, and itd be like 10 on one and biting people's noses off and shit... like a nice guy everyone says, a teddy bear, but when liquored up and provoked, like some insanely strong demon from hell. Itd be one thing if no one ever had any amateur background in wwe, but alot do, and they talk about Haku like no tomorrow. I always liked Meng in WCW, but I was honestly surprised when I found out he was most feared and legendary entity behind scenes.

12. Confucamus Last of the V8s Platinum Member

Definitely disappointing, but if I had to think of the most disappointed I've been with a HW in recent memory would be Haye/Klitschko. I was all sorts of hyped for that fight and it stunk to high hell.

Those are Asics running sneakers. I used to wear those for running and they're what I first wore when I began training at a boxing gym. They are NOT meant for you to wear while boxing. Trying to pivot and move around the ring properly in those will only give you nasty blisters.