Remember Mir?

Only chance Mir has is if he pulls the proverbial "horseshoe" out his you know what and subs Cormier

Cormier should win decisively if he fights smart.

dc has beaten some good comp. and 2 top ten fighters. as far as i have seen no one is overlooking and a big majority of my mma friends actually are favoring mir... i bet the opening betting line is close so i don't think anyone with a reasonable mind is saying this is a lock either way but i do not think that dc is some shit stain like some people are saying... and mir gets as much praise as anyone i have seen. not saying he doesn't deserve it.

cool...I'm addressing alot of the commenters and TS's in this forum lately, check out the first couple of pages ITT and you will see what I mean...and of course dc doesn't suck:cool:

you-sir-are-an-idiot.jpg

Lol funny that you post a troll pic

...... Yet you got trolled.

Way to go, champ

DC is overrated, the guy has a sick wrestling game but his striking isn't that great. I would even give Mir the edge on the feet if Mir could take a better shot. But regardless, Cormier will take Mir down, and in the process Mir will grab a limb and snap it off.

Mir has a very good chance of submitting Cormier if they go to the floor.

My thought was that if Cormier beat Mir he'd probably stay HW. If he lost to Mir then he'd drop and possibly take on Jones somewhere down the line.

Cormier got great control, heavy hands, solid jaw. I can't see how Mir can stand with him or get control on the ground. He's legit.

I remember him pulling off some badass subs, but I also remember him getting pounded out a great many times.

I remember him pulling off some badass subs, but I also remember him getting pounded out a great many times.

that's what happens when you fight the best...win some, you lose some...and DC is about to find out

My thought was that if Cormier beat Mir he'd probably stay HW. If he lost to Mir then he'd drop and possibly take on Jones somewhere down the line.

I don't think Cormier is staying at HW either way as long as Cain has the belt. He'll at least try to drop down to LHW rather than have to choose between fighting Cain or giving up trying to get a title.

Cormier will open at probably about a 2-1 favorite over Mir. Mir is my favorite fighter, but stylistically Cormier is a tough matchup. I think the boys at AKA will be happy to have Cormier keep the fight standing with Mir. Mir's striking is a bit more polished overall, but Cormier has naturally better hands and seems to recover better from getting hit.

If Cormier takes the fight to the ground, he's playing with fire. Cormier has tremendous top control but his gnp is only okay at this point and his submission game from the top in nonexistant. He also leaves limbs out there fairly recklessly which is asking for trouble against a guy who's so aggressive looking for subs from the bottom. (People want to point to the Barnett fight as an example of Cormier's sub defense, but Josh is way more aggressive with his subs from the top than he is from guard. I don't think Barnett and Mir are all that similar stylistically as submission fighters, though both are terrific at HW in subbing guys).

Cormier said he wants Jon Jones in the fall. I really wonder about him fighting at HW in April and then cutting to 205 within 6 months given his previous health issues. Maybe he does it no problem, maybe not. Either way, I think Jones is a horrible matchup for Cormier at LHW. Even if the weight cut doesn't drain Cormier too badly, he's going to eat a lot of shots trying to get in close to Jones. And while he can probably walk through them to a degree, they will accumulate and take their toll. And then he's in close with a guy who's clinch game and ability to use leverage has blossomed into truly elite status over the last few years. Cormier's olympic wrestling pedigree is obviously impressive, but Jones (like GSP) has grown his wrestling game to the point where he ragdolls everyone he fights, including guys with far superior wrestling pedigrees. I'd be pretty surprised if Cormier beat Jones at LHW. I'd give Cormier a moderately better chance at a catchweight fight of say, 220.

I'm riding on DC's nuttsack because I'm smart enough to know that he is tailor made to destroy frank mir? No sir, you are just an idiot. And I am not even a big DC fan.

This..everyone knows that Frank is weak against super strong wrestlers and strikers with fast hands. Has nothing to do with sucking DC's BBC..styles make fights

DC by TKO in the second

If it hits the ground ... Mir can win.

But the fight starts standing and Cormier has the wrestling to keep it standing and while Mir's striking is very good technically ... he doesn't have a chin anymore and Cormier hits really really really hard and fast.

I see this looking kinda like the Dos Santos fight for Mir.

Mir needs to learn how to pull guard and drag DC to the ground somehow.

I don't like his chances standing due to his declining chin combined with DC's power and speed.

Back