Television Remember Dane Cook?

Was Dane Cook Actually Funny?

• Total voters
His brother stole all his money and is serving prison time for it... I feel terrible for Dane. He's never been the same since that betrayal and devastation.

I've seen other various comedians say Dane murdered everywhere he went. Not just that he was funny but that he murdered crowds so bad nobody wanted to follow him.

Didn't like his standup at all but really like him in movies.

apparently also really good at COD back in the day, used to play with some pretty skilled players who would play with him and he would tear shit up.

He was a comedian for people who don't like comedy. Everyone I knew who liked Dane Cook didn't know any other comedians and weren't funny themselves

Oh I accidentally voted yes on the poll because I thought it was asking if I remember him like the title. Misleading

I really like Employee of the Month. That’s kind of a special movie for my wife and I because we also met on the job. We both worked at Home Depot for a summer during undergrad.

He was good in that serial killer movie. Never been a fan of his stand up. The story about his brother stealing from him was really good also.

I remember how insanely popular he was for two months.

Literally every guy acted like him.

and then poof, he was gone

Jeez. I just made a post about how i couldnt make it through one of his stand ups. One of the least funniest hacks ive seen. Him, Mencia, Gabriel iglesias, Amy Schumer and literally every other female comedian. Theres a bunch more but Dane was tier 1 on the shit level of comedians for sure.

Dane owned the comedy world for the better part of 3 years straight. No shame in that. To this day he still tours and is very well respected by most comedians.

He disappeared for longer than he should have due to his brother stealing a shitload of money from him.

Funny, I literally finished watching Mr. Brooks just now. I haven't heard his comedy in the last 10 years or so, but I remember him doing some funny/quotable bits to listen to during my college years 15 years ago. I'll even admit that I first heard him on CD form and enjoyed it, and found him annoying to watch...overall though to answer the poll? I think that he was funny, and a pioneer of using social media for self promotion.

Sidenote: I still think of him everytime I hear screeching breaks outside my house. "Shit, I was hoping that it would hit", and "I was in my house, I heard a noise, and I came out'.

Last edited:
i liked him in my best friends girl. thats a good fun movie.

He was corny. Not funny at all.

How could I forget the greatest stand up comic to ever live?

I remember watching his 'Comedy Central Presents' special in the early 2000s and he absolutely killed it. I'm serious, look it up.

And apparently he got a hell of an agent that made him way too popular way too quickly, like they thought Dane Cook could be the next Jeff Foxworthy but also starring in comedy movies.

And the fame came and went, and apparently Dane is still doing stand-up. Happy to hear he didn't spend his millions on cocaine and ODing in hotel rooms.

I remember watching his 'Comedy Central Presents' special in the early 2000s and he absolutely killed it. I'm serious, look it up.

And apparently he got a hell of an agent that made him way too popular way too quickly, like they thought Dane Cook could be the next Jeff Foxworthy but also starring in comedy movies.

And the fame came and went, and apparently Dane is still doing stand-up. Happy to hear he didn't spend his millions on cocaine and ODing in hotel rooms.
Hard to OD on cocaine when your brother steals all your money.

I remember he was good in Mr Brooks playing a serious role. And I did like Good Luck Chuck when I watched it as a kid like the other guy.

He was a good looking guy that connected with millenials. I never found him funny, but he was good in movies. But he lost his looks and started dating 18 year olds. Also never ever had a sip of alcohol.....something weird about that.
E6C0CECA-3459-478F-B1EF-73B161577AD9.jpeg

Back