Remember back when LnP was a thing in the UFC?

People still like to use that term. Usually only towards fighters they hate.

Examples: Chael, Khabib, Hendricks

tumblr_milcd7dTDA1r9xerro1_500.gif

there was plenty of lay and pray, and wall and stall during 190

Clay Guida changed up his game plan to running around like a maniac instead.

The cutting of Fitch and Shields was just about all the warning shots required to fighters who engaged in the tactic.

ok, not that I am a fan of LnP at all, but its MMA and if you can get a win by doing this then it up to the guy on the bottom to do something.
Look its very possible Mendes could have LnP McGregor and walked away with the belt....he was actually criticized for trying a submission, this cost him the fight, arguably.
Sometimes tactical fighting must come in to play. I know I hate it, it drives me mad, but I would try to take CMac to the ground every time rather than stand and trade.

they cut all the good wrestlers who were embarrassing their opponents and voila

If you call what Maia does lay and pray then we've got completely different understandings of what that term means.

i can agree with this. Maia dosnt gas out in certian fights because hes stalling

ok, not that I am a fan of LnP at all, but its MMA and if you can get a win by doing this then it up to the guy on the bottom to do something.
Look its very possible Mendes could have LnP McGregor and walked away with the belt....he was actually criticized for trying a submission, this cost him the fight, arguably.
Sometimes tactical fighting must come in to play. I know I hate it, it drives me mad, but I would try to take CMac to the ground every time rather than stand and trade.

Mendes was completely gassed at the end of the second round. There's no way he could have kept that up.

they cut all the boring wrestlers who were doing the bare minimum to get by and/or were an embarrassment to the sport of MMA by using their stalling tactics instead of actually learning how to fight.

Fixed for accuracy.

Now wall n stall is a serious issue. It kills momentum of a fight instantly.

Back