Rematch?

You called me delusional and that was unnecessary. Which shows you are too invested into the conversation. It almost made me not want to engage anymore.

Kind of like how Reyes stopped engaging once he realized Jon was going to get the takedown. Which he did, 2 times on the official card. Jon was also knocked down 0 times on the official card and won a the fight in the eyes of 3 qualified officials.

If we do the math Jon Jones won by a landslide.

Then don't engage. Or grow a thicker skin. I don't particularly care.

Reyes stuffed takedowns left and right. Jon did absolutely nothing with those takedowns -- they were effectively worthless. The fact that you're willing to credit Jon for TDs that Dom popped up from immediately while marginalizing Dom's striking which outdid Jones by the stats is very telling.

And that last bit is an appeal to authority. It's a logical fallacy for a reason. You had the scoring of multiple bouts by those "qualified officials" tonight being called into question by the commentators themselves. Not to mention the media outlets scoring the fight in Dom's favor.

Jon: "I'm open to a rematch"
Dana: "I'm open to a rematch"
Sherdoggers: "hE'S GoNnA RuN To hW "

Then don't engage. Or grow a thicker skin. I don't particularly care.

Reyes stuffed takedowns left and right. Jon did absolutely nothing with those takedowns -- they were effectively worthless. The fact that you're willing to credit Jon for TDs that Dom popped up from immediately while marginalizing Dom's striking which outdid Jones by the stats is very telling.

And that last bit is an appeal to authority. It's a logical fallacy for a reason. You had the scoring of multiple bouts by those "qualified officials" tonight being called into question by the commentators themselves. Not to mention the media outlets scoring the fight in Dom's favor.
If you say Jon did nothing with his takedowns then we should takeaway the punches that Reyes landed and didn’t follow up, which were many. You can’t change scoring criteria to suit your ideals. This is the way it is and no matter how desperately you want to view a fight through rose colored glasses that just isn’t going to happen. Its a fight. It’s messy.

And really, the commentators? One of the commentators is a habitual dope smoker. The other thought Latifi bested Lewis tonight. Their scores don’t count and neither do media outlets. Outlets that thrive on creating more controversy.

1 of which was about 5 years after the first, in which he failed pre fight drug test for and the other he failed a post fight for peds.....so not exactly decisive
What,,,?

If you say Jon did nothing with his takedowns then we should takeaway the punches that Reyes landed and didn’t follow up, which were many. You can’t change scoring criteria to suit your ideals. This is the way it is and no matter how desperately you want to view a fight through rose colored glasses that just isn’t going to happen. Its a fight. It’s messy.[/quote

"You can't change scoring criteria to suit your ideals"

That's funny, because that is precisely what you're doing. Punches don't have to be "followed up on". They are an end unto themselves. Besides, putting Jones on the back foot and visibly hurting him/forcing him to change his gameplan is plenty.

Takedowns, on the other hand, are not scored as highly unless they lead to significant control time, sub attempts, or GnP. This is how it's always been and the Latifi/Lewis fight suggests that the three judges last night agreed... until Bones was out there. What's more, Ilir landed much cleaner takedowns and got loads of control time from them. Still lost.

And really, the commentators? One of the commentators is a habitual dope smoker. The other thought Latifi bested Lewis tonight. Their scores don’t count and neither do media outlets. Outlets that thrive on creating more controversy.

I don't like Rogan all that much, but you do know that cannabis doesn't turn you into a drooling idiot, right? The other, even though I may disagree with him, is a professional fighter and former champion. Both have more invested in MMA (in terms of time and effort) than any of the judges. Frankly, the same could be said of the media outlets. They analyze MMA day in and day out -- some of them professionally -- but you're going to downplay that in favor of donning your tinfoil hat to argue that they're just "creating controversy".

Rose-colored glasses indeed.

jones won 49-46 and high estrogen jones haters want a rematch? lol

Doesn’t really matter who he fights next, he’s massively declined and is due to get finished fighting contender caliber fighters.

Look at how Jones dismantled guys like Shogun and his early title run victims. He’s a shadow of his former self now.

Lets see Jones try to run away from this one like he did against Rumble and Gus years back.

I think that’s what everybody wants. I wouldn’t expect the rematch to be similar, Jones waited a long time to start working on his knees to hinder his movement. I wouldn’t expect Reyes stamina to improve

Back